Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Carver
United Kingdom
Cobham
Surrey, UK
flag msg tools
designer
Played our first game last evening and, amazingly, seemed to have got all the rules right (I checked through them again after we'd finished). We should have been six players but one couldn't make it so were only five. We knew it had received mixed and often diverse reactions but we all thought it a really good and original game. In fact, our only problem with it was the number of players.

It is important to have spare production cards in one's forum in order to protect cards with buildings on them; but being able to build only once every five player turns often gave minimum control and left one very vulnerable. So much so that we ended up feeling that although having enjoyed the game, we would have enjoyed it even more if we had been only four players. At least we resolved never to play it with six!

Are we wrong or have others come to the same conclusion I wonder.

(I should add that having read the reports we played with one less Farm card per player, which seemed to work fine.)

- Derek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Longdin
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found it was ok with 6 but probably a bit like Alhambra with that number - any control that you think you might have pretty much disappears.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.