Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wikiro Trio
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombicide S1
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/coolminiornot/zombicide/#ch...
Zombicide S2
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/coolminiornot/zombicide-sea...
Zombicide S3
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/coolminiornot/zombicide-sea...
Arcadia Quest
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/coolminiornot/arcadia-quest...
B-sieged
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/coolminiornot/1554691927/#c...
Sedition Wars
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/coolminiornot/sedition-wars...
Relic Knights
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/coolminiornot/relic-knights...
Rivet Wars
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/coolminiornot/rivet-wars/#c...
Kaosball
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/coolminiornot/kaosball/#cha...
Wraith of Kings
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/coolminiornot/wrath-of-king...
Blood Rage
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/coolminiornot/202091912/#ch...
Rum & Bones
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/coolminiornot/rum-and-bones...
Zombicide Black Plaque
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/coolminiornot/zombicide-bla...

So for those that don't feel this isn't going to do good here are some references.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Krakoff
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This project is doing just fine. In fact if you read between the lines in the comments from Thiago (on the KS page), looks like the sins will all be stretch goals and should come with the KS, but will be $25 retail each. Also there won't be a million add-ons. The last week rush will push this thing easily over $1 million. People who are worried haven't watched enough Kickstarters. Par for the course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you really need to post all these links in three separate threads?

This project will make more than Blood Rage. It's a success. But it's flatter in the middle than other recent CMON campaigns so relatively it's disappointing some people.

I backed it and I'm not pulling out my pledge even if we get nothing more than what has unlocked already (and we will get more), so I'm not against the game. But it is a deeper mid-campaign slump than is typical for recent CMON campaigns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Krakoff
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that may be due to it being a longer campaign than some of their recent projects. Blood rage was only 16 days so it never had those $10,000 days. R&Bs was as long as 7sins and had some days of only 16 or 17 backers.

Dormammu wrote:

This project will make more than Blood Rage. It's a success. But it's flatter in the middle than other recent CMON campaigns so relatively it's disappointing some people.

I backed it and I'm not pulling out my pledge even if we get nothing more than what has unlocked already (and we will get more), so I'm not against the game. But it is a deeper mid-campaign slump than is typical for recent CMON campaigns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4 or so KS exclusives in a cmon game, why not just wait until retail? Wait for reviews and sales. I think they are trying something new and it's effecting the total. It's going to be a great vale in the end but I know a lot of people are looking at it and thinking why now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Krakoff
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Main reason to back the KS is each extra sin will be $25 retail. Not trying to be a CMON Cheerleader, but I don't think everyone is looking at the whole picture.

VaeVictis666 wrote:
4 or so KS exclusives in a cmon game, why not just wait until retail? Wait for reviews and sales. I think they are trying something new and it's effecting the total. It's going to be a great vale in the end but I know a lot of people are looking at it and thinking why now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like I said it will be a good value but why not wait, see if it gets good reviews, see if it comes cheaper at retail, play it and see if you like it. A lot of people like to get a truck full of exclusives to pre order a game 9 months in advance or what ever this ones date is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
4 or so KS exclusives in a cmon game, why not just wait until retail?

Even if nothing more got added to this campaign (and more will get added, make no mistake), you will not want to pay aftermarket prices for those exclusive map tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
Like I said it will be a good value but why not wait, see if it gets good reviews, see if it comes cheaper at retail, play it and see if you like it. A lot of people like to get a truck full of exclusives to pre order a game 9 months in advance or what ever this ones date is.

Mainly for what mkrakoff said--it will cost you in the end.

If I wait, buy the main game (even a little cheaper) and love it--I get to shell out $25 per Sin box, which I think there are 3 boxes added right now (Gamma team, Greed & Lust).

I did something similar to what you are suggesting with Rum & Bones--I pledged the regular edition, bought the KS exclusive stuff and when the game shipped, I played just the core edition to see if I'd like it. If I didn't like it, I don't think I'd have any problems moving the KS stuff on eBay or the Marketplace. I loved it, and opened everything.

All in all, if you buy now you will end up being better off on finances. If you buy now and hate it, sell it and profit. If you love it, keep it and save $100+ you'd end up spending trying to get what you missed out on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no idea why you guys are arguing the point. I have said it will be a good vaule but It's under performing for a cmon KS, I was just telling you a reason I know is effecting lots of people. Saying it's a good value doesn't change the perception if they think it's not. Something has to change not just typing of words.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
I have no idea why you guys are arguing the point. I have said it will be a good vaule but It's under performing for a cmon KS, I was just telling you a reason I know is effecting lots of people. Saying it's a good value doesn't change the perception if they think it's not. Something has to change not just typing of words.

I don't believe that it's underperforming. I think the issue is that some people have the misconception that it is, and that's really their problem.

It's really interesting to me so see people make these bold claims "This is a failure for a CMoN campaign (not specifically talking about The Others here; but I've seen this for several campaigns). It's easy to play armchair statistician and pull numbers and averages and percentages out of nothing to back up these claims. But without knowing the actual costs to CMoN (and other companies running KS campaigns) it's impossible to really say "this is failing" or "this is doing great," etc.

Take Dogs of War, for example. I saw multiple people say that it was a failure, because it made far less than other CMoN games on KS, but it hit it's funding goal, included a bunch of extras, and is a great game. Claims that it somehow "failed" are completely misguided, yet there are people who will argue the point based only on the final dollar amount.

The Others isn't even half done, and it's past the half million mark. It'll top a million, easy, and we'll have all seven sins in the KS package, there's no doubt in my mind. It's already hugely successful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see how making a board game that has raised over $500K can be seen as anything but a huge success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wikiro Trio
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:

It needed its own thread I felt because numbers speak loader than words. It will help people gauge cool mini or not campaigns and I felt hiding it in threads didn't do it any justice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pkreynolds wrote:
VaeVictis666 wrote:

I don't believe that it's underperforming. I think the issue is that some people have the misconception that it is, and that's really their problem.

It's really interesting to me so see people make these bold claims "This is a failure for a CMoN campaign (not specifically talking about The Others here; but I've seen this for several campaigns). It's easy to play armchair statistician and pull numbers and averages and percentages out of nothing to back up these claims. But without knowing the actual costs to CMoN (and other companies running KS campaigns) it's impossible to really say "this is failing" or "this is doing great," etc.

Take Dogs of War, for example. I saw multiple people say that it was a failure, because it made far less than other CMoN games on KS, but it hit it's funding goal, included a bunch of extras, and is a great game. Claims that it somehow "failed" are completely misguided, yet there are people who will argue the point based only on the final dollar amount.

The Others isn't even half done, and it's past the half million mark. It'll top a million, easy, and we'll have all seven sins in the KS package, there's no doubt in my mind. It's already hugely successful.
I like how you think your perception is better then other peoples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Gill
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pkreynolds wrote:

It's really interesting to me so see people make these bold claims "This is a failure for a CMoN campaign ....

Or in the mirror...
Quote:

I don't believe that it's performing. I think the issue is that some people have the misconception that it is, and that's really their problem.

It's really interesting to me so see people make these bold claims "This is a success for a CMoN campaign ....

Current backers want it to grow to get more content so it is understandable there is a need to give it a positive spin but it is no more founded in proof than negative opinions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a backer, too, and of course I want to see them add as much content to the box as possible.

But I also know that's going to happen. This will hit a million. We will get all 7 avatars/abominations/cards included.

You can come back to this thread if it doesn't happen and gloat about how I was wrong.

It's not my perception that this KS is successful. It's sitting at $550k of a $100k funding goal with 16 days left to go. Anyone can look at that and say it's not doing well, and that's fine. It's their opinion and they're welcome to it. Time will show who is wrong and who is right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Gill
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pkreynolds wrote:
Time will show who is wrong and who is right.

You miss my point.

Quote:

I don't believe that it's performing. I think the issue is that some people have the misconception that it is, and that's really their problem.

It's really interesting to me so see people make these bold claims "This is a success for a CMoN campaign ....

This statement is no more valid or invalid than the one you made. It is just an opinion, but one you would totally disagree with.

This thread was clearly an attempt to say how well the project is doing and thus to encourage further backers in order to gain more SGs - because that benefits existing backers.

I don't doubt it will pass 1m. What I dont know for certain, and neither do you, is what will be SGs And what will be add-ons

There is no actual measure of success other than its funding goal, which is no measure at all re CMON projects. You can assess success your way. However, everyone will have a different opinion about whether the KS reached its full potential.

On a different thread I already stated I will be waiting to see the total price including all 7 sins.
If they are all SGs then I suspect I will back it, despite not being that impressed with the sin minis themselves.
If it will cost me another 40 to 60 then I will most probably pass.
I suspect others may be the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They've said that there aren't many add-ons for this campaign. They've already got, what, three revealed?

They've set a precedent for the Sin boxes as stretch goals. I think it would only make people mad if they switched any/all of the remaining three to paid add-ons.

But you're right. We can't know for certain until they reveal their plans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could imagine one or two Sins being $20 add-ons if the funding doesn't reach the level they plan to give them away free as stretch goals. I would have no problem paying for one or two as add-ons. It would still be a huge savings off retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Gill
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pkreynolds wrote:
They've said that there aren't many add-ons for this campaign. They've already got, what, three revealed?

They've set a precedent for the Sin boxes as stretch goals. I think it would only make people mad if they switched any/all of the remaining three to paid add-ons.

But you're right. We can't know for certain until they reveal their plans.

CMON will do whatever they can to encourage additional backers so if Sins as SGs will do it in their minds then it will happen.
They dont announce all the SGs in adavance because they can be used strategically

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Pacześ
Poland
Puszczykowo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well to sum it up with something positive: current stretch goal which should be achieved in 1-2 days is the first real incentive to get the game via KS. All previous SG-s were mere bonuses. This one can be seen as a real reward for backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Dormammu wrote:
I could imagine one or two Sins being $20 add-ons if the funding doesn't reach the level they plan to give them away free as stretch goals. I would have no problem paying for one or two as add-ons. It would still be a huge savings off retail.

I don't know about that. I feel if they were to reveal the next sin to be a $25 add on. They will bleed backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:
Dormammu wrote:

I don't know about that. I feel if they were to reveal the next sin to be a $25 add on. They will bleed backers.

I agree with this; there'd be an uproar and they'd probably lose some backers. Personally, I'm happy with the included content for $100 right now. There's already more stuff in the box than I'll ever use, in all likelihood.

I'm kind of hoping that they do anger a few backers somehow; I'd like to be able to jump onto an abandoned early bird spot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:
Dormammu wrote:

First, it wouldn't be $25. They always do $5 off MSRP on add-ones on every KS project of theirs I have seen.

Second, I don't care what others think of it. I'm saying I would be fine with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They should add some KS exclusive exclusives sculpts to up the value and then make them add ons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.