Subject: Homemade "Big Picture Codenames" edition for ~15$ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Brodeur
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad Czech announed more languages for their game on their website (German, Czech, Spanish, Italian) but I am not someone who like to wait too long when I really want a game so I had to figure out a solution.

I read here some variants like Codenames Dixit. I liked the idea but I was afraid there would be too many interpretations per picture opposed to the interpretations one single word written on a card can lead too.

I looked at my collection and wondered if my Big Picture Apples To Apples Game would do the trick. In my opinion, the pictures are much more straightforward than Dixit's abstract pictures so altough the game is very different, there was enough of the original game to do the trick.

And the best part is the cheap prices going for this game : ~15$ USD on Amazon.com or ~25$ CAD on Amazon.ca / Walmart.ca.

Not convinced? Try a game with me :

Blue team
1st hint : Food, 4
2nd hint : Clean, 2
3rd hint : Explore, 2
4th hint : Jaleousy, 1

Answers are there : https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2666795/codenames

No matter what, I'm still waiting for a french release but in the meantime, it should do the trick. I'll playtest it as soon as possible.. Probably next week with friends!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I was thinking about making a pictures version, but with black on white icon pictures, keeping the pictures more simple so people can't give clues like 'Green 3' to hint at every card with green on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Brodeur
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found another game that give PERFECT content to play the picture version of Codenames : PicWits!

Here is a sample of what a game can look like.. Try make me guess your cards with the best hints you can find!

I ordered another game that will most likely be closer to Codenames's idea of a single and simple word on each card rather that a picture that shows many things like the 2 games I presented so far. i'll keep you updated as soon as I get it and I'll post a picture of a game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would that work with Dixit cards too?
Kolja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Brodeur
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sure it would.. But I think a single Dixit card has too many meanings. It would probably be a much different game.

I prefe Blurble cards. I'll post a picture of a Codenames game with Blurble cards the next time I play it. It's awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.