Keith McNeil
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know they are in Alien Encounters, but I don't want to just assume it's therefore also true for Predator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hedges
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are. It specifies on page 5 I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan milano
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
They are definitely considered to be character cards, and there is special clarification on the definition of "your characters" in the rulebook, so it really depends on the context of your question.

http://www.upperdeck.com/OP/RuleBooks/Legendary_Encounters_R...

They are NOT one of the character avatars used as players in the game and they are NOT one of the four characters whose subdecks make up your barracks. They do NOT have a recruitment cost or group symbols, etc.

From what I can telly, they are merely generic "character cards" with "character abilities" that grant their basic attack/recruit values to your hand, usable by human and predator characters alike when building starting decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith McNeil
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much for the replies. It was in refernce to being forced to discard a Character card. At time time we did a quick search but couldn't find the spot in the rules you mentioned. This helps a lot, thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan milano
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
I've already run into an instance where "character" and "character card" came into question - during a versus battle some card asked me to draw from the armory deck and if it was a "character," to follow additional rules. Well in the armory all the cards are character cards, aren't they? Just to be sure I made sure the card I was using had subtext that referenced it as one of the four predator types - I was using "Woodland." It's not a character name like the Humans have, but it's in reference to the four Predator Player Characters.

Still, odd that the card asked me "IF" it was a character, meaning there are some that aren't. Maybe there are indeed some non character cards in the armory, or more likely this is to protect against an instance in which ANOTHER card's rules may have caused a non-character card to be shuffled into the armory.

I dunno.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mb
junktape wrote:
I've already run into an instance where "character" and "character card" came into question - during a versus battle some card asked me to draw from the armory deck and if it was a "character," to follow additional rules. Well in the armory all the cards are character cards, aren't they? Just to be sure I made sure the card I was using had subtext that referenced it as one of the four predator types - I was using "Woodland." It's not a character name like the Humans have, but it's in reference to the four Predator Player Characters.

Still, odd that the card asked me "IF" it was a character, meaning there are some that aren't. Maybe there are indeed some non character cards in the armory, or more likely this is to protect against an instance in which ANOTHER card's rules may have caused a non-character card to be shuffled into the armory.

I dunno.

Probably to keep it compatible with Legendary Aliens, in which you can have non-character cards in the armory. Oh and Tests go in the Armory as well when play as Predators.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.