Matt Man
msg tools
I've been wanting to purchase this expansion to add to my collection, however now with the 4th edition out of print I am wondering if I should act fast and purchase before it becomes really hard to find and the price skyrockets. I realize the 4th and 5th edition printings are fully compatible, but I am more concerned regarding discrepancies in artwork and the types of components that are used.

Usually, I think the answer would be to purchase the old printing right away if you are a perfectionist about such things, but it appears that in this case I might be able to make an exception since the components are additions, rather than more of the same components (which would lead to annoying mismatches, etc.). Agree, disagree, other thoughts? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How old is your 4th edition? In the last 16 months of printing the 4th edition they changed over to a new manufacture in anticipation of the 5th edition. This happened at the same time that they published the first edition of E&P. E&P needed thicker tiles so they changed to thicker tiles for all the games. Newer 4th edition will have thicker tiles than Older 4th edition. Also some manufacturing problems with the new manufacturer. Tiles are little too small for the frame. Frame does not LOCK like the old 4th edition. It's kinda wobbly. And a lot of drift on the printing. The last one can be 'fixed' by calling customer service and asking for replacements (on 4th edition while supplies last). So even if you get a new 4th edition you are looking at things not being the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.