Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played Terra once recently, with 6 players. Am always on the lookout for games that can be played with more people. I think Terra should work with more people (just reduce the number of playing pieces per player when you add players, and add some different coloured (or shaped) playing pieces for the extra people.
Anybody see a reason why this wouldnt work/any major negative effects on gameplay?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zsolt Farkas
Hungary
Gyömrő
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see any physical limit, but the last player has no chance to place his cube on reasonable spaces. Especially in case of 1-area cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Stone
United Kingdom
Epsom, East Ewell
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
IS NICE, I LIKE
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, have you tried this yet? I'm also interested in this game for our week away with 8 people, but obviously with the standard 6, this wouldn't work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did! Played it with 12 people.
I thought it worked OK, but several other players didn't like the game, or thought it would work better with the normal player count.
Chances are it won't make it back on the table during one of my large group game nights.
Plenty of better alternatives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Stone
United Kingdom
Epsom, East Ewell
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
IS NICE, I LIKE
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Did you play with gamer-friends, or was it more of a family style environment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My large group gaming nights are always with casual gamers (all people that like games, but no heavy gamers, and most of them play ocassionally)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Stone
United Kingdom
Epsom, East Ewell
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
IS NICE, I LIKE
mbmbmbmbmb
Alrighty, thanks! I'm just looking for something a bit different for the large party nights, the social deduction games are great, and we have Monikers & Codenames but I feel we could use some variety and this game sure does look interesting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I share your need from more good 10+ player games, but have you seen my geeklist of best 10 plus player games? There are some more ideas for non-party non-social deduction games on there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Geenen
Netherlands
Capelle aan den IJssel
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I played with 7 players today. I used 1 cube less than normal, and also a minimum of 2 cubes (instead of 3) to play with.

This number of players worked fine and everybody still stayed engaged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.