Hide
1 Posts

Group Therapy» Forums » Sessions

Subject: A game of tomfoolery... or so we thought. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Pete
msg tools
I found this game about a year and a half ago at a garage sale for $1.25 and when i looked it up here before deciding or not to buy it i found surprisingly little. Which is partly what made me want to get it and see what it was about as it was rare for me to find something this community had little information about.

Fast forward a year and a half later when me and some of my old coworker were together for our bimonthly weekend of drinking and hanging out and i convince them to give this game a try. We read through the rules and gave skimmed through some of the cards. Seeing some of the interesting ones involving interpretive dance and the like. We thought we were in for a fun night of a true party game... we couldn't have been more off.

It started out fairly well in the yellow card section with fun cards that went over simple things that went over stuff we mostly knew about each other. Then one of us got a card that said "imagine of the people in the group is your father. Ask him something that would be difficult for you to ask." As soon as he read the card i knew we weren't in for the game of silliness we thought we were. As the person who drew the card had lost his dad 3 years prior.

We didn't seem to get many silly cards after that. There were a few that helped brighten the mood, such as one where it said to have a member of the group rock you and to give yourself in to the experience. But for every card we got like that we got multiple serious cards or a group card along the lines of "share something with the group that is difficult to talk about". Since we had all known each other for years we knew everything but some of the darker sides of each other so cards like this we an eye opener to what was really going on in everyone's lives.

All in all id recommend this game to people who have known their friend/gaming group for a long time and know each other really well. Otherwise this game might not sit so well with some. However you could always take out the really serious cards and just leave in the semi serious ones for a game of silliness. But at that point it wouldn't really be group therapy now would it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.