Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jiri Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Hello,

I have just won the game thanks to using card Daniel Boone (number 46):

===================================================================
Pay 2 Resources of any kind and move your Scout as many spaces forward on the River as there are Indians in the Village (on the game board).
===================================================================

I just would like to clarify if all Indians on the game board are counted-in, including Indians in the Powwow and Newcomer areas.

Thanks a lot
Jirka

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how we've been playing it, the Powwow and newcomer areas are part of the village (so they count as "on the game board").

Your opponents are then motivated to reclaim all the indians as soon as possible to make that card less effective.

Initially it may seem that some cards are way overpowered, specially on your first games, but they balance out after the other players start using their cards and recruiting more efficiently, and plan their actions not only for their own benefit, but also to prevent other players from using the resource icons in their cards and indians/spaces in the village.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure you are correct. The phrase "on the game board" is in parenthesis, which suggests it is intended to clarify the precise meaning of in the Village.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiri Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Thanks for the clarification! My son was complaining that the card was too powerful but he hasn't tried to stop me using it by holding the indians....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, when you see one of these "powerful" cards come out, you can always use the village space that wipes the whole queue and deny the other players from getting it and use the same strategy as last time, or try to grab it before them even if you don't plan to use it for its main effect (it never hurts to have a 3-force card to activate the ones you DO want to use).

This game has a lot going on besides the basic racing and handbuilding mechanics. It's a bit unavoidable that the first-timers will lag a lot before they grab the idea of how to build an efficient hand to move upriver, but after one or two games things tend to get a little more level. The last few games with my wife have always ended on a photo-finish, with the loser just a couple spaces behind the winner, and a lot of "I was also gonna win on this round, but you moved first".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.