Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Getting Started: Scum and Villainy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Lesperance
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

So far, I've been keeping my X-Wing purchases to the Rebellion and Empire factions. I've got the bulk of what I want for both factions, so I was wondering what the buy order should be to get a reasonable Scum list on the field.

I'm not looking to take Scum to competitions, at least, not yet, but my Rebel/Empire lists are relatively competitive, and I wouldn't want anyone playing Scum from my set to feel underpowered... So casual-ish format?

Unfortunately, I've unintentionally avoided most of the crossover ships (I don't have a Y-Wing or a HWK, though I do have an Imperial Firespray on the way, finally).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd start with the Most Wanted Pack. That's 3 Scum ships at a reasonable price, plus the conversion pieces for your Firespray. And if you ever do pick up a Rebel Y-Wing or HWK, they'll be instantly usable for Scum.

After that, it's really whatever looks most interesting. You can fill out a Scum squad on a budget with a large ship, like an IG-88 or the Hounds Tooth, and couple it with the Most Wanted pack ships or the Scum Firespray.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Riquelme
Chile
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most Wanted back brings everything you need for a 100 points decent squad, considering your Firespray. Plus, it comes with upgrade cards regarding that faction, like Calculation or the savage astromechs.

The Starviper is a must for me. If you want to use bigger ships, a couple of IG-2000 will be good. I'm not familiar with the next wave.

With that, you'll have plenty of options for a moldeable list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'd probably go with Most Wanted, then a HWK, StarViper and possibly a Y-Wing. I think that combined with your Firespray should give you a decent number of options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Lesperance
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did see someone at a tournament a couple weekends ago manage to pull off a win during what really looked like a definite loss for them, all because their Guri Starviper survived.

I like the flavor the the Houndstooth, but can't see myself buying two IG ships to actually make them as effective as they could be.

... It's good to hear that the Most Wanted pack would make it immediately viable -- I'll start there, thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kivi
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I've mostly been playing scum since it came out. Yes get at least one StarViper, I have a pair of IGs but they dont work that well for me, could just be my play style, but they come with some great upgrades. A HWK addes a lot of different options to scum lists, the M3-A is the kinda the Scum TIE, its light and fast but to be worth it, it needs the heavy Styck Title card so it can come with a cannon, and throw an engine upgrade and they fly across the board with little problems. The Firespray is really good and not just Boba, but Kath has a great ability and Emon who can throw bombs around like a mad man has netted me a good few wins too. I'd say that I can fly just about anything Scum and at least have a fighting chance, I might not win, but I can at least make my enemy cringe when I start stealing his tokens or pop some Glitterstim! WAHAHAHAHA!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.