Robert Bruder
United States
Rocky River
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Man, I want this expansion like yesterday. Where's the best place to order from to get it the fastest? Direct from Academy? Cool Stuff Inc? Funagain?

HELP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poomba5150 wrote:
Man, I want this expansion like yesterday. Where's the best place to order from to get it the fastest? Direct from Academy? Cool Stuff Inc? Funagain?

HELP!

Academy Games is still taking and shipping pre-orders. I would imagine the fastest way would be to preorder through them. I don't believe any retailers have "preorders" in place, so I think if you order it through them, it will get shipped to you before retailers get it. No guarantees, but I think that's how it's working.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's astonishing to me that preorders are still going out. The games have been in for a month now, haven't they?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Urza47 wrote:
It's astonishing to me that preorders are still going out. The games have been in for a month now, haven't they?

Yes, I still haven't received my copy yet; I don't believe anyone in Canada has, although it can take a bit longer, as they ship first to Snakes & Lattes in Toronto, and then they ship from there, to help keep customers from having to pay customs fees.

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that the shipping from China of these games cost more than originally expected, and to keep the costs within a range that they aren't losing money, for U.S. orders they aren't using an external shipping company but are doing it themselves, which basically just means Uwe and Kari doing it all themselves, on top of other Academy Games works. I might be wrong, but I believe this may be what is making this shipping process take a long time.

Because Academy Games puts together such amazing looking games with high-end components and great artwork, people tend to forget that they really are a tiny family-run business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poomba5150 wrote:

HELP!

Good luck with that... I ordered and paid for it years ago and still don't have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bruder
United States
Rocky River
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just called my FLGS and he has 6 preorder copies coming this week. Woo-hoo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:
Poomba5150 wrote:

HELP!

Good luck with that... I ordered and paid for it years ago and still don't have it.

angry yuk ninja gulp

So many ways I could express my frustration ....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Beaudway
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:
Poomba5150 wrote:

HELP!

I pre-ordered mine at 2014 GenCon. Got my copy 3 weeks ago along with the Firefight Generator. Pennsylvania, USA. I'd call Academy Games directly. I've found them very helpful on the telephone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SBeaudway wrote:

I pre-ordered mine at 2014 GenCon. Got my copy 3 weeks ago along with the Firefight Generator. ....

I have no reply to that which would not get me a temp ban...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of the frustration would be better if they COMMUNICATED more about what's going on. Getting games in mid-August and still not shipping them out by late September WITHOUT communicating to the people who paid for it is bad business. No one knows what's going on. And it makes customers far less likely to ever pre-order a game with Academy again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mjacobsca wrote:
..And it makes customers far less likely to ever pre-order a game with Academy again.

Oh I can honestly say I will never do that again. GMT will be the only one getting my pre-orders now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:
mjacobsca wrote:
..And it makes customers far less likely to ever pre-order a game with Academy again.

Oh I can honestly say I will never do that again. GMT will be the only one getting my pre-orders now.

Plus one.

Furthermore if CoH solo were in the hands of GMT it would become de facto THE solo WW2 tactical game standard.

Chances are huge I will never see this system for the western front, let alone having minor countries etc like Combat Commander or ASL.

Yes, we like to play in the adventures of our countrymen, this simply is impossible with a wargame published by Academy Games standards.

This solo system has practically a monopoly for highly playable WW2 tactical warfare - both infantry and mechanised. That was a HUGE gap and never filled since Ambush.

And the sad fact is: they let it all rot, probably due to the non wargaming range that is far more lucrative.

Great system ! Wrong hands.

Sorry, but just watch this 3 year long series of postponing (and I am not even talking about the solo expansion alone, but ALL promised CoH stuff).

I think we're are entitled to complain. Certainly when money and PLANNING of your money is involved.

When a company sxxxs up it may be pointed out too !

Edit: Exactly 14 days until Essen. I bet visitors at that show will simply get a copy from a distributor (like it happened in the States), while we who made a pre order and paid will never see the thing in our mail boxes in the coming weeks.

That's called xxx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hulbert Guy Ferger
United States
Cape Elizabeth
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered AtB, solo, and firefight generator directly from Academy Games. I recieved the three less than a week later. The games were delivered to the northeast U.S. I was happily surprised. I've had these game for about two weeks. The careful thought process of working out the card orders is more difficult than I first thought. Yet the system is very powerful. I look forward to many rewarding plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:
Poomba5150 wrote:

HELP!

When you placed your preorder you were not charged. We charge your payment method once we are ready to ship the game. If your payment method has changed since you preordered, we will not be able to charge you and will have sent you a payment invoice requesting updated payment information. If you never received this email, our contact information for you is probably out of date. In this case we have no way of getting in touch with you and you will have to contact Kari at sales@academygames.com.

We have shipped all of the U.S. orders that we have received payment for. If you are in Canada or in another country, the games are being shipped to our distribution centers nearest you from where they will be shipped if we have already been able to process your payment. This naturally can take longer since it usually requires the games to cross the Atlantic.

Please email Kari at sales@academygames.com if you have any questions about your order.
Gunter
Academy Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Foster
United States
Malibu
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Several months!!!!"

First off, I don't have a FLGS where I live.

Second off, it would have been really nice to know that when I place my order at CSI in August and waited for your two games to arrive to complete my >$100 free shipping order.

How about you support how and when your customers want to support your games? This process has been a mess from the beginning but I was patient because you are a tiny company with good intentions. However, bad execution ultimately trumps good intentions.

I'm not sure if I'll ever buy these now but I do know my CSI pre-order gets cancelled today.

uweeickert wrote:
The online retailers will not be receiving the games for several months after your FLGS has. We have agreed to do this to support the FLGS who cannot discount the games like online retailers can.

Gunter
Academy Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:
Poomba5150 wrote:

HELP!

The online retailers will not be receiving the games for several months after your FLGS has. We have agreed to do this to support the FLGS who cannot discount the games like online retailers can.

Gunter
Academy Games

This would have been good to know two months ago...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W McG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:

Gunter
Academy Games

Academy is pretty appalling. No news, followed by incorrect news, followed by an unwillingness to correct the incorrect news. Rinse. Repeat. This has literally been going on for years. I've never seen business conducted this way, even from terrible businesses. Yet people report they're pretty responsive on the phone when you're waving money at them. Imagine that.

This was *supposed* to be the last Academy game I ever bought, but the irony is I can't get my hands on it to make it so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
CHF_90265 wrote:
"Several months!!!!"

Second off, it would have been really nice to know that when I place my order at CSI in August and waited for your two games to arrive to complete my >$100 free shipping order.

How about you support how and when your customers want to support your games? This process has been a mess from the beginning but I was patient because you are a tiny company with good intentions. However, bad execution ultimately trumps good intentions.

I'm not sure if I'll ever buy these now but I do know my CSI pre-order gets cancelled today.

uweeickert wrote:

Gunter
Academy Games

I just spoke with Uwe and I was mistaken about the shipping to online retailers. All online retailers and brick and mortar stores are shipped their games from their individual distributors at the same time. Brick and Mortar stores that preordered from us directly will get their games a little quicker because they will be shipping directly from us. The quickest way to get the game is to preorder directly from Academy Games or from a Brick and Mortar store that preorder from us.
Gunter
Academy Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Foster
United States
Malibu
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Gunther.

Phew.

And just to help you get the correct info out, here's exactly what Uwe said in a different thread this AM: "Craig, we should be shipping to USA distributors in the next two weeks."

Two weeks, I can wait.

Thanks!

Craig

uweeickert wrote:
CHF_90265 wrote:
"Several months!!!!"

uweeickert wrote:

Gunter
Academy Games

I just spoke with Uwe and I was mistaken about the shipping to online retailers. All online retailers and brick and mortar stores are shipped their games from their individual distributors at the same time. Brick and Mortar stores that preordered from us directly will get their games a little quicker because they will be shipping directly from us. The quickest way to get the game is to preorder directly from Academy Games or from a Brick and Mortar store that preorder from us.
Gunter
Academy Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
CHF_90265 wrote:
Hi Gunther.

Phew.

And just to help you get the correct info out, here's exactly what Uwe said in a different thread this AM: "Craig, we should be shipping to USA distributors in the next two weeks."

Two weeks, I can wait.

Thanks!

Craig

uweeickert wrote:
CHF_90265 wrote:
"Several months!!!!"

uweeickert wrote:

Gunter
Academy Games

Gunter
Academy Games

I'm glad I was able to clear that up. I am not directly involved with our shipping and fulfillment so I often have to go from vague memory or verify with Uwe about such things.
Gunter
Academy Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ennui
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
At Coolstuff this was pushed back to November release. I think I'm just going to cancel my preorder and get something that I can actually play this year. I've been waiting for the other stuff on my order since July.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:
AvidHunter wrote:
Poomba5150 wrote:

HELP!

Please email Kari at sales@academygames.com if you have any questions about your order.
Gunter
Academy Games.

Sent an email 10 days ago to your email link on the website info@academygames.com I have received no reply. I will resend it to the above mentioned address.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:
uweeickert wrote:
AvidHunter wrote:
Poomba5150 wrote:

HELP!

Gunter
Academy Games.

Sent an email 10 days ago to your email link on the website info@academygames.com I have received no reply. I will resend it to the above mentioned address.

Kari is working on a backlog of emails and is responding to them in the order they were received. I apologize for the delay but your email has not been lost.
Gunter
Academy Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.