Subject: Should I buy the East Expansion or the Britannica Expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geert Vinaskov
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has two expansion:

- East Expansion, with 1) an extra map and 2) mission cards used with the base map

- Britannica Expansion: with an extra map.

Which of the two should I buy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Draper
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Britannia. The East Expansion was nice when it was the only expansion map, but Britannia takes the same ideas and makes a much more interesting diversion from the base map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Fort St James
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're only going to get one, get Britannia. It takes the ideas of The East and runs with them, it plays 2-5, and (if you have an older copy of HT) has functional two-player rules that can easily be ported to the base game.

That said, why not get both? The East is still pretty great; Britannia is just better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chef D
United States
US Armed Forces - Americas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JazzFish wrote:
If you're only going to get one, get Britannia. It takes the ideas of The East and runs with them, it plays 2-5, and (if you have an older copy of HT) has functional two-player rules that can easily be ported to the base game.

That said, why not get both? The East is still pretty great; Britannia is just better.

What he said. But if you love the game get both. Britannia is a bit better for 2 player. But I enjoy them both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, Brittania. It's just the best map yet and really plays differently. A lot of fun and challenging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Richardson
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both.

Problem solved.

You are welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Geruntho
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not a fan of the mission cards, a bit too Ticket to Ride esc., and I've never had them affect a win or a loss between players.

The best thing about the new boards is how they change the strategy or at least make you think more about how your moves will affect the other players and yourself. Then again, I have played dozens of times, so the new boards help shake things up. I enjoyed Britannia a bit more and would order this one if you only could get one, but the Eastern expansion is great fun (and for $10 each, why not just get both).

My gaming group enjoys playing the game and having the variety keeps the game coming back to the table. That's the most important thing, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Der Malte
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say buy boths.

Play first the East Expansion and then Britannica Expansion.

I love both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.