Subject: CSA crossing rivers during generals reorganization rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Gerdts
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
5.65: "Generals can use naval movement to go from port to port during a reorganization move."

I assume CSA generals can do this, since it doesn't specify that this is for USA generals only. But what if Union Naval control is in effect for part or all of the journey?

Also, it says that generals move "like a cavalry unit (10 spaces)," which I take to mean that they are subject to the same restrictions as a cavalry brigade when it comes to moving across a river that the Union controls. Am I correct on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Eric,

I believe that a general moving without SP's can not enter an enemy controlled space whether a reorganize or regular activation move. They are both considered 'moves', but reorganizing allows you to activate any and all generals (generals only, no SP's) where a regular activation will be limited to the op value of the card.

Now for someone more experienced to correct me.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
badge
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Colonelforbin wrote:
5.65: "Generals can use naval movement to go from port to port during a reorganization move."

I assume CSA generals can do this, since it doesn't specify that this is for USA generals only. But what if Union Naval control is in effect for part or all of the journey?

Also, it says that generals move "like a cavalry unit (10 spaces)," which I take to mean that they are subject to the same restrictions as a cavalry brigade when it comes to moving across a river that the Union controls. Am I correct on this?

I would presume 6.51 governs the riverine movement of CSA generals, other naval movement being denied the CSA by 6.11 and 6.51.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.