Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Mega Civilization» Forums » General

Subject: Does this incorporate both Civilization and Advanced Civilization ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the title says, is this closely linked to original AH civ, and if so, does it incorporate Advanced Civ too?
.............or is it it's own beast?

Either way it looks great
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also wonder about issues with the people who paid a significant amount of money, back in the day, for the rights to the "Civilization" trademark. Even leaving aside any copyright issues. Is there any kind of licensing agreement here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
biffta wrote:
As the title says, is this closely linked to original AH civ, and if so, does it incorporate Advanced Civ too?

It's based of of the original Civilization and it's expansion Advanced Civilization. However it's it own beast - in that it's totally self contained. I feel pretty confident that it goes above and beyond the past games as far as "content".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
DaviddesJ wrote:
I also wonder about issues with the people who paid a significant amount of money, back in the day, for the rights to the "Civilization" trademark. Even leaving aside any copyright issues. Is there any kind of licensing agreement here?

I know rights were worked out on the back end by 999. I know it was addressed. I don't have any details however and I doubt any will be provided by 999. Most publishers don't like to go into public details about that stuff.

As it relates to the consumer however there should be no issues. This isn't a kickstarter...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Charlton
United Kingdom
East Barnet
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
www.finchleygamesclub.org
mbmbmbmbmb
Velusion wrote:
I know rights were worked out on the back end by 999. I know it was addressed. I don't have any details however and I doubt any will be provided by 999. Most publishers don't like to go into public details about that stuff.

We'll know when they release the rules. I'm sure whatever deal they've done with Hasbro will mean they have to put a "Civilization name used under license from Hasbro" credit in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Velusion wrote:
biffta wrote:

It's based of of the original Civilization and it's expansion Advanced Civilization. However it's it own beast - in that it's totally self contained. I feel pretty confident that it goes above and beyond the past games as far as "content".

Thank you John. I have poked around in the advanced Civ threads and read a fair bit on it now and would simply love to own a copy.
Is there any update on likely price?
With a limited print run, will this be available via usual FLGS in UK?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
They are still finishing up the distribution details and I have not seen the offical list price yet.

The only thing I know for sure is that Pegasus will have it at their booth at Essen next month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I choose the size of the game? For example can I play it as a regular 6 player Advanced Civ game? If yes, instant buy for me becouse its so hard to find the regular civ games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolchock wrote:
Can I choose the size of the game? For example can I play it as a regular 6 player Advanced Civ game? If yes, instant buy for me becouse its so hard to find the regular civ games

From what I have now read, I believe it plays from 5-18 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
biffta wrote:
Tolchock wrote:

From what I have now read, I believe it plays from 5-18 players.

Correct. A lot of people are focusing on the "18 player" limit... because it's pretty awesome. However most of the time when I play it there will only be around 5-8 players. And you can choose between playing in the Eastern map or the more "classic" Western map.

How it works is you just figure out the number of players and if it's less than 10 you pick which side of the world you want to play on. The rulebook will tell you what civs to use and what area are in and out of play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Velusion wrote:
They are still finishing up the distribution details and I have not seen the offical list price yet.

The only thing I know for sure is that Pegasus will have it at their booth at Essen next month.

Don't know about list price, but Pegasus own webshop is taking preorders for €199 + shipping (or €179 if you pick up the game at Essen)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.