joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Solo the first time with 3 characters. Moderate challenge. bad moved a bit more. Not enough to worry me.

I played the starter scenario the second time with 4 characters.
I am pretty sure we finished the game in 4 or 5 rounds (4 or 5 event cards). The enemies barely moved.

you draw only one monster activation card per turn (after all the characters go)?

Game seemed under powered. How are the following scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The campaign ramps up as each chapter goes along, though we found it pretty easy until about chapter 4. I think it's intentionally designed for the first chapter to be really easy and simple to ease players into the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Each hero (Pog and Doorstop share) gets a turn. A turn per player is a round.

The baddies act on each hero's turn, so I think the baddies acted a quarter of the amount that they should have, which helps explains just how easy it was.

Everything Richard said above is true, as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, so whats the kickup?
what makes the bad guys attack more often in later scenarios?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
runescience wrote:
ok, so whats the kickup?
what makes the bad guys attack more often in later scenarios?

EACH Hero turn consists of spawning a new villain, then activating their hero for actions and drawing a feat card, then drawing a Villain Action card which activates more villains.

So in a 4 hero/player game, you'll be spawning 4 villains each round plus drawing 4 Villain Action cards which causes a varying number of villains to move/attack.

In later scenarios, they sometimes start with more villains on the board, and will have BIGGER, nastier villains in the chapter. Since the chapters have you build the Villain Action deck differently each chapter, they can also add cards that cause more villains to move/attack in later chapters.

But really the difficulty ramps up because the chapters require specific actions in order to be able to achieve a win while at the same time introducing new, harder villains (and Bosses).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok. so simply put:

draw the event card then...

spawn #1, player 1, villain action 1, etc;
spawn #2, player 2, villain action 2, etc;
spawn #3, player 3, villain action 3,
spawn #4, player 4, villain action 4,

theoretically those villain actions could activate the same villain over and over, no?

I think i need to read that rule again. I didnt read it that way. my friend and i read it as... all 4 players go, the the villains go. I think the new way make it harder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules on page 12 are really clear:
Player Turns
Characters take turns based on their Initiative stats (see p. 10). The character with the highest Initiative goes first, followed by the other characters in descending order. When the character with the lowest Initiative finishes his turn, the round ends.
A player turn has three phases:
1. spawning Phase – Roll to spawn one villain on the map.
2. activation Phase – Move your character, perform actions, and draw a Feat card.
3. Villain Phase – Draw a Villain Action card to activate one or more villains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.