Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

The Guns of Gettysburg» Forums » General

Subject: "Deluxe Edition" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colonel Williamson

Princeton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am seeing some of the "Deluxe Edition" versions on the market. Is there ANY difference from the "sepia box" edition in the components.

Are there any additions (kick-starters got bullets I believe)?

M
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

It may be that the vendors advertising the game are using the term, "Deluxe" on their own. According to the Mercury Games website, the current version being offered is the 150th Anniversary Edition. Actually this is the only version I'm aware of (though that doesn't mean much).

The 150th Anniversary Edition has had two printings. The 2nd printing includes a paper map in addition to the mounted map. This alone could be why the game is being advertised as the "Deluxe Edition". But again, the publisher's website doesn't use the term, "Deluxe".

And you're correct that KS backers received a ACW bullet as their reward for backing.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colonel Williamson

Princeton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am talking this one....



Which I have seen for sale with the sellers actually holding the box, so they have not just picked up the image....

I am aware of about three copies presently being offered by differant people/vendors.

M
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone has photoshopped the picture because that cover was never produced. Or worse, someone is scamming people into believing they have a game for sale that does not exist. Can you share the links to the places where you are seeing these pictures please?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colonel Williamson

Princeton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DocStryder wrote:
Someone has photoshopped the picture because that cover was never produced. Or worse, someone is scamming people into believing they have a game for sale that does not exist. Can you share the links to the places where you are seeing these pictures please?


The pictures are on BGG (front and back) but one of the sellers is pictured actually holding the box..........

Unless they made a whole new box, someone has a copy.........

M

Will try to find again and post links....

edit: Could these boxes have been used for the initial "kickstarter" run???
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colonel Williamson

Princeton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here it is listed as "deluxe" but shows picture of standard box:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/187564

One listed on e-bay that probably grabbed the wrong image as you say..

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

There was another one but I cannot find it.

I was wrong (faulty memory) in the picture with the game held...it was the normal box....BUT...they were holding it...

I just saw these and though some sort of "special edition" was being made....much like some other games.......or a special "kickstarter" edition that already existed......

my bad........

M


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We've tried to reach out to folks that use the wrong image for the box but usually to no avail

Barry's comments are correct about the KS version coming with a CW bullet and the 2nd printing having a paper map from the nice folks at the Civil War Trust with current status of lands in and around the battle site on one side and the game map on the other (suitable for framing, though some people game using either side).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

DocStryder wrote:
We've tried to reach out to folks that use the wrong image for the box but usually to no avail

First time I've seen that image, actually. Could that be an image of early prototype box cover artwork? The image was posted back in 2012, so I assume so?

As much as I like the old box cover because it simply looks cool, I think the sepia box cover is more fitting and classy for the subject. A better choice.



1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

DocStryder wrote:
We've tried to reach out to folks that use the wrong image for the box but usually to no avail :)

First time I've seen that image, actually. Could that be an image of early prototype box cover artwork? The image was posted back in 2012, so I assume so?

As much as I like the old box cover because it simply looks cool, I think the sepia box cover is more fitting and classy for the subject. A better choice.





When Mercury Games announced that they would take-up publication of the game, they ran a BGG poll to solicit feedback on a new design for the box cover. That's what this image is. There were a couple different options--- different font type, subtle changes to the layout, etc.
If you're interested, you can check it out http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/899975/cover-poll-guns-getty....

I'm pretty sure Mercury Games ultimately went with the box cover from the picture of the OP. But maybe they ultimately stayed with Simmon's cover (my personal favorite.)

The second edition of Mercury Game's version came with a map from the Civil War trust. The first edition did not.
The KS edition from Simmons game came with the bullet.

Hope that helps!

(and a ps: for what it's worth--- this is a phenomenal game and certainly worth picking-up with whatever box-cover you can get!)

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

That's interesting ... thanks! I missed that thread as I was moving at the time.

BTW, so not to confuse people... the Civil War Trust map is included in the 2nd printing of the game... not the 2nd edition. Just so people don't start wondering where the 2nd edition is at!

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct....no 2nd edition.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colonel Williamson

Princeton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!

That should about cover it for this topic...

! am glad I was not just "seeing" things or hallucinating....

I am also glad I am not missing out on something......

AND

YES, this and Bowen Simmons other games of this style are absolutely breakthrough in presentation and design and are fun to play too!!!!!

I now have all but Napoleon's Triumph (which has insane asking prices on the secondary market) and in fact (being a bit of a collector) have just purchased a SECOND copy of The Guns of Gettysburg so I have a "players copy" AND of course a collector one........

M
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SPI Mark wrote:
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!

That should about cover it for this topic...

! am glad I was not just "seeing" things or hallucinating....

I am also glad I am not missing out on something......

AND

YES, this and Bowen Simmons other games of this style are absolutely breakthrough in presentation and design and are fun to play too!!!!!

I now have all but Napoleon's Triumph (which has insane asking prices on the secondary market) and in fact (being a bit of a collector) have just purchased a SECOND copy of The Guns of Gettysburg so I have a "players copy" AND of course a collector one........

M


I'd get NT before I got two gog. But to each their own
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colonel Williamson

Princeton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
SPI Mark wrote:
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!

That should about cover it for this topic...

! am glad I was not just "seeing" things or hallucinating....

I am also glad I am not missing out on something......

AND

YES, this and Bowen Simmons other games of this style are absolutely breakthrough in presentation and design and are fun to play too!!!!!

I now have all but Napoleon's Triumph (which has insane asking prices on the secondary market) and in fact (being a bit of a collector) have just purchased a SECOND copy of The Guns of Gettysburg so I have a "players copy" AND of course a collector one........

M


I'd get NT before I got two gog. But to each their own


Well when I initially posted you could buy 3-4 (DELIVERED) GoG for the price of ONE used Napoleon's Triumph.

BUT, I have since purchased a copy from some good people here BGG!!! Though NOT on the cheap, BUT, for a REASONABLE price!!

M
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.