Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacques Chevrier
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During our last game (3 players), Bilbo had to assign 3 cards, each one with an orc helmet. Since part of Bilbo's Character is that he "must assign one card to himself", Bilbo had to assign himself a damage. But one player argued that Bilbo cannot assign himself a damage and must discard the card.
Which interpretation of Bilbo's Character do you think is correct ?
Can Bilbo discard this type of card and assign to himself only a star, a pipe or an empty card ?
Or does he have to assign himself a damage ?

What do you do (or would you do) in this situation ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the cards in front of me, but if the card says he must assign himself a card, then he must do that. I see no reason why he couldn't assign himself a damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacques Chevrier
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you to use the rule as such. But I see my friend's point of vue that it is strange thematically that a player MUST hurt himself/herself to the point that he could kill himself/herself and be out of the game. Usually, in a game, if a player must have a damage (for example lose some VP), he/she does it in order to gain a better good.

Lets take the situation where Bilbo wins 3 Stars and has no Helmet card under his Character card.
Again, thematically, he must act very strangely because, on one side, following his Character, he must assign himself a card with a Star, but the rules also say: " If a player receives a card which heals him and he has not been assigned any cards which damage him, he immediately discards the healing card. ". So, now in this situation, Bilbo should discard a good card for him.

In both situations, thematically, Bilbo's Character card makes him do rather strange things to himself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.