Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Tesla vs. Edison: War of Currents» Forums » Rules

Subject: Propaganda cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The propaganda cards with a star, can they only be used in the future turn order section, or can they also be used on the AC/DC track?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grossman
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that the propaganda cards with a star are only used on the future turn order section (the fame track).
1 
 Thumb up
1.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Marvin
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played it that the star makes it so you can move either track as they're both under the "fame" portion of the board. Then the AC/DC propaganda cards are restricted to just the AC/DC track.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zimmerman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigTmarv wrote:
I have played it that the star makes it so you can move either track as they're both under the "fame" portion of the board. Then the AC/DC propaganda cards are restricted to just the AC/DC track.


The star stands for future fame and the AC/DC is (obviously) AC/DC fame. You cannot use stars to increase/decrease the AC/DC track.

A lot of clarification of these things are in the notes on the side of the rules.
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zimmerman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Key words.
Quote:
Then, if any
propaganda cards remain for this phase,
take one of them and move one marker
on the indicated track the number
shown.


The cards indicate the tracks to move them on.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Marvin
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We read into all of that, but there didn't seem to be anything explicitly saying the star was for only the future fame track. However, I think that makes it a more even game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bigTmarv wrote:
We read into all of that, but there didn't seem to be anything explicitly saying the star was for only the future fame track. However, I think that makes it a more even game.


I agree. Nothing in the rules explains the star, and both tracks are listed under fame. I played it one way in one game and the other in my second game. I'm just curious which the designer intended. Since he often reads these forums, I thought I'd post and see about getting an official response.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Knemeyer
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The star propaganda is, indeed, only for the company fame track and may not be used to influence the AC/DC track.


broggi wrote:
bigTmarv wrote:
We read into all of that, but there didn't seem to be anything explicitly saying the star was for only the future fame track. However, I think that makes it a more even game.


I agree. Nothing in the rules explains the star, and both tracks are listed under fame. I played it one way in one game and the other in my second game. I'm just curious which the designer intended. Since he often reads these forums, I thought I'd post and see about getting an official response.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alexander
United States
Lees Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dknemeyer wrote:
The star propaganda is, indeed, only for the company fame track and may not be used to influence the AC/DC track.


broggi wrote:
bigTmarv wrote:
We read into all of that, but there didn't seem to be anything explicitly saying the star was for only the future fame track. However, I think that makes it a more even game.


I agree. Nothing in the rules explains the star, and both tracks are listed under fame. I played it one way in one game and the other in my second game. I'm just curious which the designer intended. Since he often reads these forums, I thought I'd post and see about getting an official response.


This is good clarification as I have been playing it wrong as well. As others have said both are fame tracks, and for me at least * tends to have stronger association with a wildcard than a representation of future states. Not seeing any correlating * symbol next to the future fame track just had me assume this was any fame track. Thanks for the clarification.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Knemeyer
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah at one point there was, but somehow during some edit or rev it was lost and the loose end for its absence not properly updated and communicated between all of the components. Thanks for noticing it guys.

lothar61 wrote:
dknemeyer wrote:
The star propaganda is, indeed, only for the company fame track and may not be used to influence the AC/DC track.


broggi wrote:
bigTmarv wrote:
We read into all of that, but there didn't seem to be anything explicitly saying the star was for only the future fame track. However, I think that makes it a more even game.


I agree. Nothing in the rules explains the star, and both tracks are listed under fame. I played it one way in one game and the other in my second game. I'm just curious which the designer intended. Since he often reads these forums, I thought I'd post and see about getting an official response.


This is good clarification as I have been playing it wrong as well. As others have said both are fame tracks, and for me at least * tends to have stronger association with a wildcard than a representation of future states. Not seeing any correlating * symbol next to the future fame track just had me assume this was any fame track. Thanks for the clarification.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Whitesell
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the rule book was fairly clear on it. You can move *either* the Future Fame cube or the AC/DC cube as many spaces as you have Propaganda (megaphone) points on the luminary you exhaust for that action. Then you claim one of the propaganda cards and move a cube again (either star or AC/DC depending on the card.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.