Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Krakoff
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a really nice add on to help through the mid-point doldrums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aside from that, I'm thrilled to see the upcoming addons of even MORE minions and boards and dice.

I honestly don't know how more people aren't jumping on this campaign, tons of value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the team add-ons a lot. New heroes, new city tiles, new bad guys. I much prefer these kind of add-ons to things like the art books.

Still no new Sin in the stretch goals though. I would expect the total to climb up pretty quickly now that we have Team Delta on the scene.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Krakoff
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, no sin yet. I'm hoping after we hit the 600k it will show up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems pretty clear that they have charted out Sin boxes to occupy fixed ranges, so they don't want it to start at $560k. I would say it's a lock that once we hit $600k, a new Sin will be unveiled and split across stretch goals that go to $700k or $750k. Nice round numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These heroes look a lot better than the Gamma Team group overall. I was very disappointed with the pose of the archer in that box, in particular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I almost canceled my pledge based on corrupted...chefs? That's silly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linh K.
Finland
Lohja
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:

Boo to you! Sammo Hung FTW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:

Picture a corrupted, tentacle-enhanced, knife-throwing, swear-tossing Gordon Ramsey...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I stayed in because then I started thinking of it from an Evil Dead kind of way. zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My current feeling about the addons is that I'd rather get them later at retail. I think shipping on the core box is going to be a fair amount, so for the main box it's already more than $100 (and will likely be $70-80 shipped from OLGS after release).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach
msg tools
This is starting to cost me a lot of money. I feel like I have to get all the addons, for some reason.

I may just end up getting the core box and the kickstarter exclusive addons. I've never really put this much money into a kickstarter before, let a lone a board game that may not get much time at the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sicbud wrote:
This is starting to cost me a lot of money. I feel like I have to get all the addons, for some reason.

I may just end up getting the core box and the kickstarter exclusive addons. I've never really put this much money into a kickstarter before, let a lone a board game that may not get much time at the table.

There are no KS exclusives in either of the team boxes, so you shouldn't feel any pressure to add them to your pledge now. If you end up loving the game, you can always pick them up later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Meeusen

Belmont
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Erratik wrote:
sicbud wrote:

There are no KS exclusives in either of the team boxes, so you shouldn't feel any pressure to add them to your pledge now. If you end up loving the game, you can always pick them up later.

"Screw you CMON, it hurts!"

- A direct quote from my wallet and its angst upon seeing this nice update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cable
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zekks wrote:
Erratik wrote:
sicbud wrote:

It sucks, but the reality is that CMoN knows it will make more money on KS rather than releasing the game in stores right away. All the kickstarters I have been interested in have always costed well over what I think I would will pay at the beginning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cableinggg wrote:
zekks wrote:
Erratik wrote:
sicbud wrote:

It sucks, but the reality is that CMoN knows it will make more money on KS rather than releasing the game in stores right away. All the kickstarters I have been interested in have always costed well over what I think I would will pay at the beginning.

I assumed this project would go above $200 with all(gameplay) add-ons. So far it is at $160, so it's not TOO bad. I hope we won't be getting many more, just for my wallet's sake, but at least if they continue to be non-exclusive to KS, I don't mind as much because I can always pick them up later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Erratik wrote:

Whereas I would rather get the team boxes for the gameplay additions and to hell with the silly art add-ons.

One thing about team boxes is that they will probably not make it to retail for a while, so if you don't want to wait 6+ months bear that in mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
Erratik wrote:

Whereas I would rather get the team boxes for the gameplay additions and to hell with the silly art add-ons.

One thing about team boxes is that they will probably not make it to retail for a while, so if you don't want to wait 6+ months bear that in mind.

I wasn't actually suggesting anyone should get the art add-ons over the team boxes, as I would never really consider those. I just meant that he could stick to just the base game if he can't afford to go all-in without worrying about missing out on KS exclusives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Elkins
msg tools
It's likely that the team boxes will be cheaper to buy at retail. For example, the Blood Rage 5th player expansion was $30 during it's campaign. It's available for preorder at CoolStuff Inc for $24. Now, it came with some exclusives that you can't get at retail, so it's slightly different.

However, if they MSRP for $35, I expect the regular price at CSI to be something like $27.99 plus free shipping if your total order is over $100. I expect shipping to add a dollar or two at the least to the Kickstarter costs. So you might be able to save about $5/team by buying at retail. Also, you pay for them when you buy them, rather than 6-8 months in advance.

For people that hate exclusives - this is why companies add in exclusives. If they added one exclusive mini to every team box more people would just buy them now instead of waiting for retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryanelkins wrote:
It's likely that the team boxes will be cheaper to buy at retail. For example, the Blood Rage 5th player expansion was $30 during it's campaign. It's available for preorder at CoolStuff Inc for $24. Now, it came with some exclusives that you can't get at retail, so it's slightly different.

However, if they MSRP for $35, I expect the regular price at CSI to be something like $27.99 plus free shipping if your total order is over $100. I expect shipping to add a dollar or two at the least to the Kickstarter costs. So you might be able to save about $5/team by buying at retail. Also, you pay for them when you buy them, rather than 6-8 months in advance.

For people that hate exclusives - this is why companies add in exclusives. If they added one exclusive mini to every team box more people would just buy them now instead of waiting for retail.

This is probably right for American backers, but for most of the rest of the world, it's likely cheaper to get them with the Kickstarter. Plus you have no idea how long it will take for the team boxes to get a retail release, so for those who want everything at the same time(or close to it), that may affect their decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to that, you are saving only a few dollars. For me, that savings is not enough to worry about when it will come to retail and watching out for it.

So I think you shouldn't feel pressured to get those items if you're unsure whether you want them. But I also think that those who definitely want them will be happier to pay a couple bucks to get them right away as part of their KS package.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cable
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
In addition to that, you are saving only a few dollars. For me, that savings is not enough to worry about when it will come to retail and watching out for it.

So I think you shouldn't feel pressured to get those items if you're unsure whether you want them. But I also think that those who definitely want them will be happier to pay a couple bucks to get them right away as part of their KS package.

Time = Money

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
More Fat dice again?
Wouldn't more bad guy dice make more sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
More Fat dice again?
Wouldn't more bad guy dice make more sense?

Yeah, that surprised me a bit too. Perhaps the rationale is that there are more FAITH players to share those dice whereas only one player ever needs the Sin dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
It seems pretty clear that they have charted out Sin boxes to occupy fixed ranges, so they don't want it to start at $560k. I would say it's a lock that once we hit $600k, a new Sin will be unveiled and split across stretch goals that go to $700k or $750k. Nice round numbers.

Yep, I'd be pretty surprised if $6-700k wasn't the next Sin range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.