Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary G
United States
New London
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
-What I want to do is get several base sets for a 2-6 player 'event'.
-Picture ping pong table dimension play surface. Tons of flicking!
-Are there different colored sets to choose from to distinguish the different players or pretty much just the 2 colored base set?
-Are the cube stickers already on the cubes in the base set or need to be applied? (thinking maybe buying a light cube substitute and applying stickers?)
-Is it even worth it or is the fun of the game in a 1vs1 flick to the death setting?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Cott
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately there are only 2 colours and the stickers are pre applied. However there is nothing stopping you doing a team game (2v2 or 3v3). That might work v well on a large surface.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The game is so quick that you can easily play a tournament or just have 'winner stays on'. When I was having about 5 folk over a while back, I explained the game when the first person arrive, then (after everyone arrived) they all carried on playing whilst I spent some time in the kitchen.

The kitchen has an open door, so I could see into the living room and still hear the conversation.

I think everyone was very engaged just watching each game. There is a lot of diversity and whilst I don't think I'll beat Olly anytime soon, I reckon I'd win once before he won 100. There's enough chaos to have that element of hope and keep games fresh and entertaining for spectators.

One time I literally won on my first shot! It was an incredible thing that I'll never be able to recreate but I swear it was against an experienced player, who had good defences. My striker just jumped over 2 lines, then smacked into the king + surrounding guards with such force that 4 cubes were knocked off, including the king!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.