Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikolas Co
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the rules, I have a few questions. I've included section numbers (in parentheses) when referring to particular sections of the rules.

(6.0) For market prices, are spaces without tiles counted? For example, if the only tile that remains in the row/column is the one furthest away from the player's zepplin, do they pay 1 Aero or 4 Aeros?

(7.4) In the (extremely?) rare case that a player is unable to place later cubes legally, what happens? Are they obligated to buy a propeller (if one remains) before buying more spaces?

Section 8.0 states that there is no income phase in the last game turn. However, the first step in section 10.0 seems to be the same as an income phase except that turn order is not adjusted and used market tiles are not flipped. However, that difference does not seem important. Am I missing something, or is end game scoring equivalent to an income phase followed by the various scorings?

(11.0) There are a few "once per game" market tiles that are related to an action; are these discounts or additional actions? For example, does the "2 single spaces free of charge" have to be used while conducting the Territory Purchase action (7.4)? If so, is the discount only in Aeros, or does it also supply 'virtual' workers?

(11.0) The "large buildings" market tile seems confusing. I think the intention is the following:
"To score 4/3 points, the owner must have erected at least 2 large buildings. If he alone has the most, he receives 4 population points. If other players also have erected the same amount of large buildings as he has, he receives 3 population points. If any other player has erected more large buildings than he has or if he has not erected 2 large buildings, he loses 1 population point."
Is that correct, or was something else meant?

(11.0) Are the "population tiles" printed on the board worth 3 prestige points (if they were bought and the player has the appropriate end-game market tile)?

Are Aeros limited? The rules only specify that player cubes and resource cubes are not limited. Meanwhile, the clarification of the market tile " 1 Aero per worker placed on a space that costs an aero" suggests that where the aero comes from is important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozgur ozubek
Turkey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How is your impression about the game after reading rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bruckart
United States
Gainesville
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Winless Streaker
mbmbmbmbmb
Your questions are all I would like to see the answers to.

I have a couple more of my own.
In 6.0, under the first mention of "special tiles."
"There are several tiles in the game listing a price of 5 Aeros." But the example above it has 8. Is that 8 the exposed board under a previously taken tile?

I am having a hard time understanding what the "building #0" referred to in the rulebook.

In 7.5 under Construction. The arrow marked with a red 2. Is that coming from off the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fabrice gadoux
France
Vitrolles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rule 7.6 "In the last turn, place a player cube in the chosen space so that it is not used more than once."

But there are already colored spot so players can't do this more than once (except for the white spot) and there is a x1 on the spots

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fabrice gadoux
France
Vitrolles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok got it, during last turn, there's no market tile so we put cubes on the board

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
NikolasCo wrote:
(6.0) For market prices, are spaces without tiles counted? For example, if the only tile that remains in the row/column is the one furthest away from the player's zepplin, do they pay 1 Aero or 4 Aeros?

You pay 4 Aeros

NikolasCo wrote:

(7.4) In the (extremely?) rare case that a player is unable to place later cubes legally, what happens? Are they obligated to buy a propeller (if one remains) before buying more spaces?

I guess this case is so rare, that it just won't happen. I'd say, you place it next to a building from another player. But let Uli or Alexandre rule that out.

NikolasCo wrote:

Section 8.0 states that there is no income phase in the last game turn. However, the first step in section 10.0 seems to be the same as an income phase except that turn order is not adjusted and used market tiles are not flipped. However, that difference does not seem important. Am I missing something, or is end game scoring equivalent to an income phase followed by the various scorings?

The income phase is just the first step of the final scoring. That's it...

NikolasCo wrote:

(11.0) There are a few "once per game" market tiles that are related to an action; are these discounts or additional actions? For example, does the "2 single spaces free of charge" have to be used while conducting the Territory Purchase action (7.4)? If so, is the discount only in Aeros, or does it also supply 'virtual' workers?

You use this tile on your turn. Whenever you want. Just once. Done. No strings attached to any actions.

NikolasCo wrote:

(11.0) The "large buildings" market tile seems confusing. I think the intention is the following:
"To score 4/3 points, the owner must have erected at least 2 large buildings. If he alone has the most, he receives 4 population points. If other players also have erected the same amount of large buildings as he has, he receives 3 population points. If any other player has erected more large buildings than he has or if he has not erected 2 large buildings, he loses 1 population point."
Is that correct, or was something else meant?

Correct.

NikolasCo wrote:

(11.0) Are the "population tiles" printed on the board worth 3 prestige points (if they were bought and the player has the appropriate end-game market tile)?

According to the rules I'd say no.

NikolasCo wrote:

Are Aeros limited? The rules only specify that player cubes and resource cubes are not limited. Meanwhile, the clarification of the market tile " 1 Aero per worker placed on a space that costs an aero" suggests that where the aero comes from is important.

I guess not. We had a lot of money in the prototype. Never was an issue... But maybe Uli or Alexandre should have a say about this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
brbdc wrote:

In 6.0, under the first mention of "special tiles."
"There are several tiles in the game listing a price of 5 Aeros." But the example above it has 8. Is that 8 the exposed board under a previously taken tile?

The example in the image is not refering to the special tiles for 5 Aeros. This is just an empty market space ginving the blue player 1 Aeros because the red player bought the tile that was located there. The "8 Aeros-tile" is printed on the board (for the last round) so it may cause your confusion.

brbdc wrote:

I am having a hard time understanding what the "building #0" referred to in the rulebook.

The Building #0 is a special building in the game. It is the only building giving you an additional worker disc. Since you get a bonus of 2 prestige if you build a building from the correct round, you cannot get a bonus on the building #0. Because there is no round #0.

You see: It makes very much sense to build this building in round 1. If there would be a 1 on the building you would get 2 prestige and the strong building (hence an additional worker). So since the building is open at tge start of the game (like the #1 building) there has to be a different number on it. Not 1. So it is the 0. To make sure this building is not thought of as a building you might get a bonus for. lease see page 8 in the lowermost right edge of the page under "Erect buildings from the current game turn".

brbdc wrote:

In 7.5 under Construction. The arrow marked with a red 2. Is that coming from off the board?

No. You have serveral markers on your own player board to indicate your income. The marker you refer to is the money income. And when you build a building your money income might increase. This is the case here. So it came from space 1 and after the player in the example builds the building, it will be on space 3.

You see: Every building has 2 spots where you can place your cube. When you erect a building you have to deceide which spot you want to use. Normally it is the decision between increasing your resource and money income OR increase your prestige income. In this case the player increases the money and resources income...

Later in the game you can switch the spots on the buildings. There is a certain action for that. So, when money and resource income looses worth you maybe want to switch to prestige income...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bruckart
United States
Gainesville
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Winless Streaker
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Thanks Ode!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uli Blennemann
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Answers
Thank you very much, Ode...saw this only now...

Uli
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.