Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: cancel order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Hayden
msg tools
I am trying to cancel an order. I have already worked out the cancellation with the seller. How do I indicate that we are canceling the order so the seller can mark it as available?

Thanks,
Brad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmb
The seller can cancel the order by clicking the red Cancel button on the transaction page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Clarke
Australia
Melbourne
Vic
flag msg tools
www.unhalfbricking.com
badge
EuroGamer since 1980, & online games retailer since 2003
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, it seems that it is impossible for the buyer to cancel an order. This means that if the postage cost is too high, the seller can sit waiting for the money not knowing the buyer has changed their mind. Few purchases have ever elicited an apology & request for cancellation from a buyer, in my experience.

Because there is no "Request postage quote / availability confirmation" which can be morphed into "Go ahead with this order" it is quite a cumbersome interaction sometimes to buy via the market place. Some people have problems letting you know their decisions (or don't read what you wrote on your advert page). However, we can live with that, to get the size of market place community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.