Subject: Final pdf rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danilo Festa
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the .doc file with rules and playtest notes. It's also possible to get the final rules version maybe in pdf format?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Neanderthal living rules are here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VlXOwXSB9_2QikIi1ZsVI1mm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
Is there a final PDF though? (I'd like to preorder.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
I own it already but still want the rules PDF loaded on my iPad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Google docs will let you export it as a pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy Durgin
United States
Tijeras
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just pick "print" and you actually get a PDF (in Google Docs).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil, with your permission could I post the "combined Panda" PDF to the files section for the game?

It is not as current as the living rules, but it is a PDF of the rule book that is included with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
I own it already but still want the rules PDF loaded on my iPad.

+1

I have the game coming through Amazon this week. Hoping to get rules on iPad ahead of time. Anyone have the PDF file?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub panchartek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
can i have 2 question to end game scoring- if i have daughter that enchances points for some type its number on her added or replaced points for sexuality card.

second if i married daughter of other player both of us have all daughter abilities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion Szathmary
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Phil, just looking at the living rules and trying to get some clarity on how to handle the various scenarios in which a Husband (mature or immature) is removed from a Daughter. I am hoping you can help.

1. Successful Courtship

“Only one Husband (mature or immature) is allowed per daughter. A successful Suitor returns the former Husband (if any) to the unassigned tribesmen of whichever player owns the tableau, and places the Suitor in the husband box as the new Husband...”

Does this mean the husband goes into the Daughter tribe’s unassigned tribesmen i.e., the player who “owns the tableau of the daughter ”, or does it mean the husband returns to his home tableau i.e., the player who “owns the husband’s tableau”?

When I first read this, I’d understood it to mean the daughter’s tableau; however, that doesn’t seem internally consistent with other references in the rules. In all other places, it seems that displaced husbands return to their home (matching colour) tribe’s unassigned tribesmen. Is this correct?

2. Promiscuous Courting

“If your successful Suitor in a foreign tableau is promiscuous, he cannot become a Husband and instead you add a Wanderluster of your color from the deadpile to the victim’s unassigned tribesmen, representing your genetic legacy. This does not impact her marital status. Then your Suitor returns home.”

Gotcha! Thematically, this makes sense; however, in the example that follows, I’m not sure the rule is being applied as I understood it:

“Example (fog of love): An Archaic daughter married to a Neanderthal is being courted by Archaic and Cro-Magnon. All three players unsuccessfully roll for combat in Phase 3. Then, in vocabulary order they each make a courtship roll in Phase 4. Archaic goes first, and rolls a “2” which defeats the other suitors. The yellow ex-husband is sent home, as is the Cro-Magnon. If instead the Cro-Magnon succeeded, and Cro-Magnon was promiscuous, then the yellow Husband remains and all the suitors go home. A red Wanderluster is added to the Neanderthal tribesmen.”

Two questions:
1.) In the scenario where the Archaic suitor won, the displaced husband is “sent home”. This is consistent with my interpretation above i.e., displaced husbands return to their original (matching colour) tribe’s unassigned tribesmen. Correct?

2.) In the next scenario where the Cro-Magnon succeeded, why is the red Wanderluster added to the ex-husband’s tribe i.e., Neanderthal? Should they not be added to the daughter’s tribe i.e., Archaic? This would be more thematically consistent.

3. Divorce

F1.b. “Your Husbands may leave daughters during negotiations, joining your unassigned tribesmen.”

In this case, it sounds like the Husband returns to home joining their original tribe’s unassigned tribesmen i.e., Neaderthal to Neanderthal; Arcaic to Arcaic, etc., correct? This would be internally consistent with my theory that displaced husbands always return to their original (matching colour) tribe’s unassigned tribesmen.

Hope this reaches you and you’re able to help! Love this game. It’s strategic depth is remarkable and, for the footprint and set-up/takedown time, it’s one of the best out there!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.