Trajan» Forums » Variants

Subject: Lowest-score: ie. golf rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence Mak
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Trying a variant with lowest score on BAJ. (Unrated)

So far the game is pretty boring, I don't expect it to pick up.

The co-op variant is much more interesting.

I'll post my strategies after I'm done, but it's pretty basic unless I'm missing something. I've only played like 3 turns so far, so there may be some surprises later on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Mak
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Why what exactly?

I wanted to play a "co-operative" game. The guy that I played with also suggested a "golf" game, so that's why I'm playing. :)

So far, it's not very fun (ie, not much depth), but I can't pass complete judgment until I actually finish one game.

As for, "why play a variant"? Because I'm finding the game and in particular, 2p Trajan a little boring and predictable. The same things that bug me (1st player advantage, just timing for the +2 forum in the quarters) is getting repetitive.

Co-op added a little depth (but it did take a while because of all the chatting). And like other things (say, poker), playing multiple formats actually strengthens your main game because you understand why you do certain things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Mak
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Unless your question is, "Why post your tips?"

Well, I like sharing what I've learned and creating discussion and maybe I'll learn a thing or two.

It's not like I get paid for writing a strategy article or helping opponents improve their game.

But I have a feeling the golf-game is a "simple" game without much depth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.