Me and Mysticpickle are starting an OCTGN Doomtown Reloaded league. The league starts on September 25th and ends October 31st. To join, create an account on http://www.challengeboards.net/ Use the league browser to find OCTGN DTR League or use this link: http://www.challengeboards.net/boards/standings/9273. The password is: dtr1
Obviously as any other competition this one has a few rules:
1. The games have a time limit of 75 minutes.
2. You can play different factions and different decks in every single game.
3. If a new PineBox or SaddleBag is added to OCTGN client during the league, new cards are legal three days after their “release,” or immediately if both players agree. The Faction Pack is legal from day one of the league.
4. There is no limit to the number of games you can play in the league, but there is one restriction: You can play a maximum of two games against the same player in your first ten games, and one extra game against the same player for every 5 additional games played in the league. In other words, no more than 20% of your games can be against the same player at “trigger points” 10 and then every 5 games,e.g. 2 games in first 10, 3 in first 15, 4 in first 20 etc.
5. At the end of the league, top four players will play semis and then a final in a best of three format, as soon as possible after regular league play ends (not later than a week after regular league finishes for semis, not later than two weeks for finals).
6. Minimum of 10 games have to be completed at the end of a league to be allowed to play in semi-final.
7. If you announced yourself available for a game you have to accept a call out from the first player that wishes to play against you, unless it would breach a rule described in point 4.
The league is intended to make playing on OCTGN more popular and provide a competitive environment for people who want to test their skill in a more serious play environment.
Sadly there is no award for winning the league apart from satisfaction and prestige.
Since there are no restrictions on decks and factions that will be used, if neither player wishes to reveal their faction first, factions should be revealed simultaneously. One of the players starts countdown from 3, and on 0 both players type in chat the first letter of the faction they intend to use.
I will be trying to stream both semi-finals and a final.
To arrange the games we will use the FB group: OCTGN DTR LEAGUE (https://www.facebook.com/groups/725656174207374/). Challengeboards.net also provides a chat (called discussion) for people who don’t want to use facebook.
When you join the league please post your current time difference to UTC, either in discussion or on our facebook group. ( http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx ) We will make a list of all players and their time zones to make arranging games much easier.
Please provide your real email during registration on Challengeboards.net, the winner of the game reports the game, and then the other player receives an email with information of the game being reported, if someone makes a mistake while reporting please let us know about it as soon as possible.
Please make a screenshot at the end of the game to avoid misunderstandings and false reports, also bad behavior will result in a ban from a league.
Some of the rules might be slightly changed or updated before the league starts.
To install OCTGN and DTR plugin go there: http://octgngames.com/doomtown/installation/
And this is a how to play DTR on OCTGN: http://dtdb.co/en/octgnGuide#1
Anyone who joined challengeboards and not fb group could you please read and answer my post that can be found in discussion?