Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Sight beyond sight!
badge
*Shrug* Wampas, am I right?
mbmbmbmbmb
My friends and I had our first battle against the Wager Master this weekend - we took him on completely blind with no knowledge of his cards/abilities.

After looking at threads online, it looks like we beat him with a valid tactic - reducing him to not quite zero health and finishing him off with Fixer's Tire Iron (he never saw it coming).

During my turn with The Argent Adept, I destroyed the "Breaking The Rules" condition on my Power Phase - which we interpreted would instantly revert turn order back to its normal order - causing me to then draw a card and end my turn, rather than continuing through the backward turn order and playing a card.

I think this is following the rules and the spirit - anyone have an alternate interpretation?

-TedW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If they do, they're wrong. That's exactly how it was working when the question was asked during playtesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Badell
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Keep on saving the Multiverse!
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Except I don't understand how the above tactic would be possible--even in the case of Argent Adept's Cedistic Dissonant--as Wager Master's Villain card states that all his Conditions are indestructable (which makes me question why some have the Ongoing keyword if Ongoing-killing abilities would be useless, too).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Breaking the Rules is not a Condition, it's just a Ongoing, so any Ongoing destruction could kill it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matchstickman wrote:
Breaking the Rules is not a Condition, it's just a Ongoing, so any Ongoing destruction could kill it.

Clearly I need to do my research before responding. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Pell
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some fun things that can happen when you Break the Rules.

1. The ultimate turn for Omnitron-X. End your turn, then draw two cards because you haven't played a card or used a power yet. Activate your power (normal O-X plays the top card of his deck if he wants to, or of another hero deck, or the environment or rarely the villain; Omnitron-U instead activates Volatile Wiring and plays a card, unless he'd rather get an Equipment from his trash). Then play an Electro-Deployment Unit during your play phase. It becomes your start phase, and EDU plays another EDU which plays Disruptive Flechettes, destroying Breaking the Rules. Your turn sequence returns to normal, causing you to take another Play Phase and another Power Phase. (Sadly, his other best shenanigan, Slip Through Time, is short-circuited by BTR, so chaining them is basically impossible. Maybe if you knew the top card of both your and WM's decks, and the latter was another BTR....)

2. A lot of Unity's abilities are short-circuited, but she does have Scrap Metal's entire text effectively replaced with "Play a Mechanical Golem from your hand and destroy this card". Unfortunately, thanks to "Losing to the Odds" and sometimes "The New Deal", she rather hates fighting WM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.