Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WaPo seems to think so

Quote:
The surges from Fiorina and Marco Rubio are obvious there. She saw a bit of a jump after her performance in the first debate, but that was the mini-debate, the kiddie table affair. Once she got into the major leagues -- and cleaned up -- her numbers really spiked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the title of that graph correct? Are the numbers on the ordinate the change in support as it states or is it showing the percentage of registered voters supporting each candidate? It looks like the lines reflect the changes in support not the numbers themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
I didn't think Carson was a viable candidate when he was in Second place last week. I still don't think Fiorina is viable. I think her business past makes her toxic. And if you don't think a 1%'er with questionable business practices won't hurt her chances, just remember:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Walker dropped out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Walker dropped out.

That might be why he's at zero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
I didn't think Carson was a viable candidate when he was in Second place last week. I still don't think Fiorina is viable. I think her business past makes her toxic. And if you don't think a 1%'er with questionable business practices won't hurt her chances, just remember

Hasn't hurt Trump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
I didn't think Carson was a viable candidate when he was in Second place last week. I still don't think Fiorina is viable. I think her business past makes her toxic. And if you don't think a 1%'er with questionable business practices won't hurt her chances, just remember:

While I overall agree with you that she ultimately wont be the one at the top of the pile - and her tenure at HP will come under significantly greater scrutiny.

I am not sure that you can complete disregard her either. She has demonstrated that she has a solid understanding of policy (you may not agree with it - but at least it is beyond platitudes).

Further, one of Rommey's mistakes was letting the opposition frame him as the out of touch 1% VERY early on and he never really recovered. Fiorina could fall victim - or potentially get out ahead.

But before we get to carried away with any candiate - lets remember it is only September and this time last week it was all about a Sanders/Trump contest devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Utrecht wrote:
[q="MWChapel"]

Further, one of Rommey's mistakes was letting the opposition frame him as the out of touch 1% VERY early on and he never really recovered. Fiorina could fall victim - or potentially get out ahead.

I think Romney's mistake was that he thought he could win versus Obama at all. A lot of the votes he garnered I suspect were from 'Obama hate'. Remember how much of that was going around then?

The results of the 2012 election didn't surprise me: http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/robert-schlesinger/2013/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As soon as someone tears her apart for tanking HP and selling computer bits to Iran...no

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
She also got paid $50k for making a speech at a Bank that was under investigation and ultimately sanctioned for dealing with Iran.

Hmmm, all you guys that HATEHATEHATE Iran, is Fiorina an acceptable President?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
As soon as someone tears her apart for tanking HP and selling computer bits to Iran...no

She does sort of seem to be doing well in this poll largely because "nobody" has really bothered to focus any attacks on her, yet. They didn't realize she could even be a thing to bother to try and tear her down, when there were so many vastly-more-obvious targets. Now that she's got some amount of attention as a viable candidate, I expect the mud-slinging that every other candidate is facing to start in earnest.

Question is whether she'll weather that, or burn out like half the other candidates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fiorina has a chance, has gotten a chance to demonstrate some real knowledge.

And yeah, I do regret voting for Obama over Romney. Very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Fiorina, not a good CEO:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/09/carly-fiorina...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No chance in the general, even vs. Bernie.

She has nothing going for her besides her gender.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

I dunno, Romney got a lot of mileage out of "actually ran a business". Regardless of whether or not he ran it WELL, that was certainly an angle of attack played.

She certainly has that going for her. Seems a lot of conservatives see "running a for-profit corporation" as a required checkbox on their list of candidate requirements (carefully noting the lack of the qualifier - 'successfully running'). Fiorino technically checks it, as did Romney. Obama, Hillary, and Bernie do not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

I dunno, Romney got a lot of mileage out of "actually ran a business". Regardless of whether or not he ran it WELL, that was certainly an angle of attack played.

Romney ran his businesses waaaay better than she did. I live in Houston, I know a LOT of people who work for HP, she is resoundingly hated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GOP Promotes Carly Fiorina To Male Candidate After Strong Debate Showing
http://www.theonion.com/article/gop-promotes-carly-fiorina-m...

Quote:
WASHINGTON—Saying she had proven herself to be a formidable contender worthy of respect, GOP leaders announced Thursday that Carly Fiorina had been officially promoted to a male candidate after her strong showing in last night’s primary debate. “Given her steady rise in the polls and her consistent performance on the national stage, we have determined that Ms. Fiorina’s skills as a speaker and compelling ideas about foreign and domestic policy merit her recognition as male,” said Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus, adding that the former Hewlett-Packard CEO had impressed GOP officials with her breadth of knowledge, her confidence, and her ability to doggedly attack both Democrats and her primary opponents, and therefore deserved to have the label of “female” removed entirely. “We are pleased to be able to offer Ms. Fiorina the increased respect and media coverage that come with being a male candidate. Allow me to be the first to congratulate him and say that he has certainly earned it.” Priebus added that the committee was still reviewing Marco Rubio’s performance, but was strongly considering promoting him to white.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fiorina has questionable success as a CEO but, at least she was a CEO which is no small accomplishment for a woman in the US. She should play up her understanding of business affairs and economics as she clearly can't compete with Hillary on the topics of foreign policy knowledge. As a woman she trumps one of Hillary's advantages with the general electorate and she is no more disliked in GOP circles than Hillary is in Democratic circles. If the two of them went heads up there might be enough people staying home that she could pull an upset.

Still, it's a loooong way til the end of primary season.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
Altair IV wrote:

She does sort of seem to be doing well in this poll largely because "nobody" has really bothered to focus any attacks on her, yet. They didn't realize she could even be a thing to bother to try and tear her down, when there were so many vastly-more-obvious targets. Now that she's got some amount of attention as a viable candidate, I expect the mud-slinging that every other candidate is facing to start in earnest.

Question is whether she'll weather that, or burn out like half the other candidates.

My guess is that another republican will tear into her since that whole "don't talk bad about other republicans" treaty was torn up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really impressed with her. I think she's always been a good and credible candidate, she just needed more people to see and hear her.

What I know of her views on various issues I approve of; so far she's seeming relatively conservative. I disagree with her on supporting Obama's DREAM act but most of her other immigration positions are sound. I'd like to see her actively back construction of an actual physical border fence but I haven't seen a statement from her on that.

Most stuff about her at:

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Carly_Fiorina_Immigration.ht...

I could see myself voting for her, no question. Literally anybody on the Republican side (or even the Libertarian side) is better than literally anybody on the Democrat's Old Folks Parade.

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
credible candidate

Please tell me more about her "credentials".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
Fiorina has a chance, has gotten a chance to demonstrate some real knowledge.

Or lack thereof, considering she was talking out of her ass at the debate, relying on know-nothings to be impressed that she was talking in detail about things she clearly doesn't understand or doesn't care that her audience doesn't understand. (Increasing the size of the Sixth Fleet and adding troops to Germany isn't going to further deter Russia from anything, for example. The fact that the USA hasn't yet perfected clean-coal technology isn't a giant problem when renewable energy prices are dropping fast enough that they're starting to become competitive with dirty coal. And so forth.)

Fiorina is a great candidate if one is stupid. This explains why you think highly of her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Fiorina is on record saying Hillary was a great candidate in 2008. do you support that view?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
credible candidate

Please tell me more about her "credentials".

I suspect if you read the link I posted you'll learn many things.

Or not; reading links and knowing the subject matter doesn't seem to be a pre-requisite hereabouts, I've noticed.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Fiorina is on record saying Hillary was a great candidate in 2008. do you support that view?

Whom was this directed to? Or is it just generally tossed out there for anybody?

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.