Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Court
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure if people are aware that the rules are available online.

The pdf version can be nabbed here: http://www.goldenlaurel.com/idgrules.aspx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there might be a good game in there somewhere. The thoroughly disorganized and ambiguous rulebook certainly doesn't help you find it. Also, I think the art and graphics are incredibly sub-standard. I'll overlook all the negatives if it's a great game, but at this point I don't know how I will ever know.

A perfect example of how bad it is:

"When a vote is called, each Party votes in the order the Prime Minister indicates. At this time, any Party may spend Influence to gain extra votes on a one-for-one basis. Competing Parties may spend Influence back and forth until they declare that they are finished."

The first and last sentences are in direct conflict. The rules are rife with this kind of cavalier writing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rohrer
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the rulebook is pretty bad, both visually and rules-wise. I will ignore the artwork, but I really want to play this one both this weekend and at Origins. I just don't know if I can decipher the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.