Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/09/21/scott...

Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin has concluded he no longer has a path to the Republican presidential nomination and plans to drop out of the 2016 campaign, according to three Republicans familiar with his decision who spoke on the condition of anonymity.
In the most recent CNN survey, Mr. Walker drew support nationally from less than one-half of one percent of Republican primary voters. He faced growing pressure to shake up his campaign staff, a step he was loath to take, according to Republicans briefed on his deliberations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
Suspect you will see another 1 or 2 drop out by Halloween.

Ultimately, this is bad news for Trump/Carson and likely Fiorina since the dilution of the "establishment" (both money and support) will start to go away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Does Walker recontinue his campaign after Trump is gone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:

Does Walker recontinue his campaign after Trump is gone?

That never happens. His staff will either disband or more likely, go to other candidates. It would be a complete restart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good riddance, you anti-worker shitstain! Go bust unions in Wisconsin, you fucking maggot-infested slug taint!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember when BJ was convinced he'd have a much easier time of it and would be a top candidate....? Ah,...good times ! Delusional...but good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
jonb wrote:
Remember when BJ was convinced he'd have a much easier time of it and would be a top candidate....? Ah,...good times ! Delusional...but good.

Did he actually say that? Walker was a screw-up as a presidential candidate. He was patently not ready for Prime Time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
Utrecht wrote:
Suspect you will see another 1 or 2 drop out by Halloween.

Ultimately, this is bad news for Trump/Carson and likely Fiorina since the dilution of the "establishment" (both money and support) will start to go away.

trump is rich ppl forget that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A footnote about Walker

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/scott-walker-who-said-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
jonb wrote:

God's going to be SO pissed. And when that guy gets pissed...gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought about posting the tweets, but there are too many. Go check this out:

https://twitter.com/LizMair

She's the aide that recently got fired

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
jonb wrote:

Did he actually say that? Walker was a screw-up as a presidential candidate. He was patently not ready for Prime Time.

His biggest issue was that he was a one trick pony -

ISIS - I broke the public union in Wisconsin
Russia - I broke the the public union (yes we get it)
Creating jobs.....

Further, he was trying to combine that with a bit of aw shucks mid-westernism
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Utrecht wrote:
jmilum wrote:
jonb wrote:

His biggest issue was that he was a one trick pony -

ISIS - I broke the public union in Wisconsin
Russia - I broke the the public union (yes we get it)
Creating jobs.....

Further, he was trying to combine that with a bit of aw shucks mid-westernism

And then his response to The Donald: I will bust federal public unions

That just can't compete with "Build a Wall" and "Guns for all"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
the highlights of the Walker Presedential campaign:

Quote:
1. The time Walker made a 7-year-old boy cry because he kept insisting he needed to deport his father. The boy and his 13-year-old sister asked Walker why he was suing to overturn Obama’s executive action on deportation relief. “I agree with it, I support the lawsuit because the President can’t be above the law,” Walker said.

2. The time Walker said he opposed abortion even if the mother’s life was at risk. At the first debate, Walker was asked by moderator Megyn Kelly, “[W]ould you really let a mother die rather than have an abortion?” Walker didn’t answer directly, but made clear that he opposed abortion even when the mother’s life was at risk. “I’ve said many times that that unborn child can be protected and there are many alternatives that would protect the life of the mother,” Walker said.

3. The time Walker took three positions on birthright citizenship in less than a week. First, he said American should “absolutely” rethink birthright citizenship. Then, he said he wasn’t taking a position one way or another. Finally, he opposed eliminating it.
Advertisement

4. The time Walker said he could defeat ISIS because he crushed unions in Wisconsin. “If I can take on a hundred thousand protesters, I can do the same across the world,” Walker bragged.

5. The time Walker stressed the importance of education while slashing hundreds of millions from his education budget. Walker went on Fox News and declared the way to grow the economy was to invest in education. At the same time, “Walker proposed a state budget that would slash $300 million from the University of Wisconsin over two years and cut $127 million from public primary schools.”

6. The time Walker opposed equal pay laws. Walker said legislation that seeks to ensure equal pay for women “pit[s] one group against another group.”

7. The time Walker sneakily eliminated the state’s living wage law during the July Fourth holiday. The move allowed businesses in the state to pay workers as little as $7.25 an hour.

8. The time Walker said only a ‘handful’ of the world’s 1.6 billion Muslims were moderate. “It is a war against not only America and Israel, it’s a war against Christians, it’s a war against Jews, it’s a war against even the handful of reasonable, moderate followers of Islam who don’t share the radical beliefs that these radical Islamic terrorists have,” Walker said.

9. The time Walker signed a bill eliminating waiting periods for handguns one week after the Charleston massacre. The bill eliminated “a state-imposed 48-hour waiting period for people planning to buy firearms.”

10. The time Walker callously dismissed the Black Lives Matter movement. “Who knows who that is?” Walker said, adding that he would not meet with the group.

11. The time Walker proposed to gut unions nationally and eliminate the NLRB. The proposal would have also stripped overtime pay from 5 million Americans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bye bye loser.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome to see Grace and Restraint are still in order within RSP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the responses here from our liberal denizens, it's really hard to understand why Democrats and Republicans consider themselves in a no holds barred fight to win rather than friendly adversaries trying to do what they think is best for the country.

My conclusion, vote third party. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:

Fiorina could possibly sway the establishment elephants, particularly if they decide to act like they give a half a shit about women.

The implied bigotry in that statement is both mind-blowing and indicative of much of what's wrong with the more liberal BGG folks....

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew just permanently lost wood... and BJ too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
That's just God's plan, don't fault the GOP for playing to their base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:

The implied bigotry in that statement is both mind-blowing and indicative of much of what's wrong with the more liberal BGG folks....

Ferret

Really, mind blowing? You must be a basket case when you watch The Twilight Zone. A politically motivated minor stereotype based on past party performance is hardly "mind blowing".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Really, mind blowing? You must be a basket case when you watch The Twilight Zone. A politically motivated minor stereotype based on past party performance is hardly "mind blowing".

However this whole "War on Women" is a democratic constructed BS - when in reality, War on Women breaks down to 2 things

1) Equal Pay - this argument has been pretty much destroyed - but it does not prevent the Dems from trotting it out.

2) Abortion - which according to the Democratic Platform (feel free to look it up) is Abortions at anytime for any reason - which falls so far out of the US mainstream - but apparently anything other than that is a "war"

Now I am not going to discount that there are Republicans (aka legitimate rape and other stupid statements) that say absolute BS stupid things - but that is issue across all political spectrums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Ferretman wrote:

Ferret

I loved Twilight Zone. The original was one of the best shows on TV; the relaunched one from the mid-90s had its share of good and bad stories.

Apparently as a kid I was terrified of The Alfred Hitchcock Show though. My mother says he would come on at the intro and the end and I'd hide under the table. I don't remember it though.

Both of which are nice tidbits about me but neither addresses the silliness of the bigoted statement you made. For shame sir, for shame.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/09/21/scott...

Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin has concluded he no longer has a path to the Republican presidential nomination and plans to drop out of the 2016 campaign, according to three Republicans familiar with his decision who spoke on the condition of anonymity.
In the most recent CNN survey, Mr. Walker drew support nationally from less than one-half of one percent of Republican primary voters. He faced growing pressure to shake up his campaign staff, a step he was loath to take, according to Republicans briefed on his deliberations.

Good. I thought he was one of the more dangerous candidates in terms of his strong anti-labor views spreading to the party the longer he ran. The republican party is already anti worker enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

Good. I thought he was one of the more dangerous candidates in terms of his strong anti-labor views spreading to the party the longer he ran. The republican party is already anti worker enough.

Actually Walker is/was one of the most "pro-worker" candidates in the field.

He's just anti-union. Given their behavior in the last few decades, that's a reasonable position to take.

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.