28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: A public service reminder about your block list. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: rsp-psa [+] [View All]
Gone C. Profile
msg tools
RSP isn't like the real world, people. In here, the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do something.

When your first thought after reading a post is, "man, nobody could honestly be that stupid," you're right. Trust your instincts. You are being trolled, and the person is deliberately wasting your time. Don't let them do that to you. (And for the love of all that is holey, don't reply, because now you're propagating their stupidity, and making the rest of us read it too.)

Once someone hits your own personal stupidity threshold, please block them. You will be happier. Everyone else will be happier. It's this easy:

Instead of this:

Oh, gross, we're shitting on the floor now?

You will have this:

Clean enough to fry an egg on!

Remember: even in RSP, talking about who is on your block list is an almost zero-tolerance offense; don't do it. No kidding. Hide User Posts

EDIT: lost an argument to Altair IV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Needs better repeat steps.

I followed these steps in the image and I seem to have blocked all of Rusty's posts.

I come to RSP for... actually, I'm not sure what I come here for anymore, honestly, but I think it has something to do with that brief, flickering light of human reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
I can just guess what thread inspired this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I come here to read the spectrum of opinions. I like any of them and all of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:
I come here to read the spectrum of opinions. I like any of them and all of them.

I was thinking that. I mean, I don't like them, but I would rather see them and there's little point in blocking people with the current system anyway. It's not like Usenet where they just disappear. The single person on all of BGG I have blocked rarely posts in RSP and I simply cannot stand the painful format of his posting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:

Remember: even in RSP, talking about who is on your block list is a zero-tolerance offense; don't do it. No kidding. Hide User Posts

...unless you are one of RSPs finest of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
i thought the whole point of rsp is to talk to idiots and people you dont like
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gone C. Profile
msg tools
Altair IV wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:
Remember: even in RSP, talking about who is on your block list is a zero-tolerance offense; don't do it. No kidding. Hide User Posts

Prove it. (Should be easy, right?) If you can, I will be happy to change that to "almost zero-tolerance."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rico
United States
Mill Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:

Prove it. (Should be easy, right?) If you can, I will be happy to change that to "almost zero-tolerance."

I plonked all the admins.

Checkmate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:

Yeah, I have poor impulse control though so once it becomes clear that constructive conversations aren't going to be possible with someone they go on the list just so that I don't waste my own time like an idiot. Jokes on me though, I still read and respond to their posts occasionally. What an idiot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why on Earth would I ever want to plonk anyone? There is absolutely zero entertainment value in that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:

The only thing stopping that mass of carp-ez-vous from draining down that floor vent is sheer force of will!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
The important thing the OP misses is that everyone wins without the block. You get to think they're stupid and they get to think they're showing/tricking you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:

It was. PM'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gone C. Profile
msg tools
Altair IV wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:

It was. PM'd

Nuts. I concede, and I apologize for implying that you were talking out your ass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:

It was. PM'd

Nuts. I concede, and I apologize for implying that you were talking out your ass.

No need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
Hello!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
single sentences wrote:
Hello!

Pffft, you're downright pleasant compared to the Finest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
single sentences wrote:
Hello!

Pffft, you're downright pleasant compared to the Finest.
Ohhh Huge melons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
This thread has never been more needed. Honestly, I'd say it's almost pin worthy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people want to watch the world burn. I just want to cook some marshmallows while it happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
I would never plonk anyone, ever, just because in order for anonymous chat bots to trigger my outrage meter they are probably going to invoke the wrath of Octavian sooner than later anyway, but I do like that this feature exists so that the people who complain about others have an alternative to whining in so many threads. Now if we could just get them to actually use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me....
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
My initial instinct is to block anybody who can't spell "holy," but then I factor in whether or not they enjoy coconut rum, and if that answer is yes, then they're history.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
My initial instinct is to block anybody who can't spell "holy," but then I factor in whether or not they enjoy coconut rum, and if that answer is yes, then they're history.

Or using "loose" instead of "lose". It's longer for christ's sake*!

It would be virtually impossible to justify using the feature. I mean so many hard core batshit crazy posters still pccasionally have a post with some merit, humor, or value. So it is mind blowing to even think what it would take to justify using this feature. Mind boggling actually.

* i.e. christ's japanese spirits
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gone C. Profile
msg tools
MisterCranky wrote:
My initial instinct is to block anybody who can't spell "holy"

Someone please quote this so that MisterCranky knows I was chiding him for mistaking "won't" for "can't."

You don't need to quote this bit, which is my formal prediction that he will chide me for mistaking "knows" for "cares."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.