Subject: Shipping Issue Left me With Two Copies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neon Blue
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello everyone,

I've been interested in War of the Ring 2E for some time, and recently took the plunge and purchased a copy. Unfortunately, there was some pretty significant damage to the box. Luckily, the great folks at CSI are shipping me a replacement, and since I live overseas, they do not need me to send the damaged item back.

So my question is this: is there anything in this game which would make having two copies beneficial?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean West
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I can think of is the battle (standard d6) dice. The game only comes with 5 white dice. I replaced those with two sets, one red and one blue.

Everything else has exactly as many as you will need, as far as I can recall. You don't want more minis or hunt tiles because that will throw off the balance. Especially because the Free Peoples forces are limited and once they are gone, they are gone. And you will never roll more of the character dice than they have given you.

Edit: I suppose you could use the two Gandalf and Aragorn figures to distinguish between Gandalf the Grey/Gandalf the White and Strider/Aragorn by painting them differently or otherwise marking them. But if you get the first expansion it has different figures for the upgraded versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, not much to gain from a second copy. Now you have two sets of battle dice that you can throw away and replace!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Kester
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have one be a painting copy. Doesn't matter if you're bad or not at painting, you have a spare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

ObsoleteThree wrote:
Have one be a painting copy. Doesn't matter if you're bad or not at painting, you have a spare.

And you can continue play during painting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ashton
United States
Elmhurst
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can monitor the forum here for people who need spare parts and generously share yours!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.