Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Briand
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is for a swiss format, fully constructed tournament, so I'm playing more for fun than to win, but here's what I came up with. Maybe some pros can chime in.

AVX045 - Green Goblin - Goblin Lord

UXM071 - Falcon - Recon

UXM015 - Kitty Pryde - Shadowcat

AVX078 - Human Torch - Johnny Storm

AVX053 - Nova - Quasar

AVX111 - Loki - Gem-Keeper

AVX077 - Hulk - Green Goliath

AVX069 - Cyclops - If Looks Could Kill

So my "strategy" is that the "while active" dice are my main line of defense with good D stats.

My attackers are cheap fielding costs can help keep my used pile/bag and prep area constantly flowing.

My only regret is not having a Healer, but maybe a Basic Action card can help me with that, I haven't looked at picking those 2 yet.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Leonard
United States
McAllen
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know nothing about tournament or competitive play, but doesn't Kitty Pryde's global get in the way of some of your other strategies (esp the Falcon attacking for unblockable sidekicks and such)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Briand
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jittle wrote:
I know nothing about tournament or competitive play, but doesn't Kitty Pryde's global get in the way of some of your other strategies (esp the Falcon attacking for unblockable sidekicks and such)?

I'll tell you honestly, she's at the top of my list to get swapped out, I just haven't fallen on a card that I want more.

Although, I was thinking of looking into Angel - Inspiring which would give my Sidekicks 3A & 3D when attacking with Angel and Falcon and an active Green Goblin.

Or maybe take Beast - Bouncing Blue Beast as a healer.

Or maybe Cerebro - Supercomputer to be an annoyance to my opponent.

Or Gambit - Ace in the Hole.

Kang - The Conqueror or Scarlet Withc - Controls Probability are another option to give me an extra Roll/Re-Roll They both cost the same, but Kang has slightly higher stats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Briand
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright. Ended up swApping Shadowcat out for Prof.X -Powerful Telepath.

Tried the team out against my brother today and pulled off an unblocked attack of 20 damage by turn 6.

All i had was 2 johnny storms, 1 goblin lord and 4 sidekicks.

My bro only had a few sidekicks in tge field that got wiped out by Johnny storm before my attack.

I need to test this against tougher decks/opponents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Briand
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I've played a couple of games and tweaked a few things.

Here's the team that I've now committed to enter into this tournament.

UXM071 - Falcon - Recon - (x3)
AVX045 - Green Goblin - Goblin Lord - (x3)
AVX078 - Human Torch - Johnny Storm - (x2)
AVX039 - Deadpool - Assassin -(x2)
AVX053 - Nova - Quasar - (x4)
AVX087 - Professor X - Powerful Telepath - (x2)
AVX111 - Loki - Gem-Keeper - (x2)
AVX069 - Cyclops - If Looks Could Kill - (x2)

AVX031 - Power Bolt
UXM027 - Feedback

I'm still worried that I don't have a Healer (and can't use AVX Beast because my wife is using him), but I think my team is fairly deadly and has a couple of opponent disrupting nuisances. Other than that, I've thought about swapping out Deadpool for either Punisher McRook, Namor Atlantean or Red Skull Johann Schmidt.

Any opinion on Dice distribution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Leonard
United States
McAllen
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Professor X more for the global (I don't have that one, but know that Recruiting and Trainer have a nifty global)? If so, only 1 die would be needed.

Since I was looking at this last night... did you consider (UXM) Angel - Inspiring, to boost the sidekicks further when Angel attacks and/or (AvX) Cap America - Natural Leader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Briand
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jittle wrote:
Is Professor X more for the global (I don't have that one, but know that Recruiting and Trainer have a nifty global)? If so, only 1 die would be needed.

Since I was looking at this last night... did you consider (UXM) Angel - Inspiring, to boost the sidekicks further when Angel attacks and/or (AvX) Cap America - Natural Leader.

This Professor X (Powerful Telepath) is actually an answer to those that rely on PXG.

"While Professor X is active, your opponent cannot use actions or global abilities. He or she can pay 2 life to prevent this effect for the rest of the turn."

As far as using Inspiring, I've thought about it. I've used that combo with great success before (Inspiring/Recon/Goblin-Lord/Natural Leader).

I might still test that combo out later this week. I just feel it's kind of "cheap". It has its merits for attacking, but leaves you rather defensless unless I have a bunch of Goblin-Lord dice or something, I dunno.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Briand
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my final team entered in the tournament

AOU076 - Beast - Bouncing Blue Beast - (x4)
UXM071 - Falcon - Recon - (x3)
AVX045 - Green Goblin - Goblin Lord - (x3)
AVX078 - Human Torch - Johnny Storm - (x2)
AVX018 - Spider-Man - Webslinger - (x2)
AVX087 - Professor X - Powerful Telepath - (x2)
AVX111 - Loki - Gem-Keeper - (x2)
AVX077 - Hulk - Green Goliath - (x2)

AOU029 - Hulk Out
UXM027 - Feedback

I won 3 out of 4 matches.

I got destroyed by a Lantern Ring: LOBI/PXG/Iceman: Too Cool For Words/SHIELD Agent build. (single attack kill, 21 damage)

I'm definitely swapping out Spider-Man: Webslinger for Captain America: Super Soldier next time. Every other card in my build got some play time except for Webslinger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.