Popular Tags: [View All]
Marty Ellenberger
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Planet ability: "Acquire (Culture) for every ship landed in your galaxy"
Does this count for any uncolonized planets that you have a ship landed on, or only for the home galaxy mat? Also, I assume ships in orbit over planets do not count, because they are not "landed". Am I correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Johnson
United States
North Charleston
SOUTH CAROLINA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My take on this question -> This only applies to ships that are on your Galaxy Mat. Normally they can only gain Energy from that location, but this planet's ability allows them to gain culture only from the ships on your Galaxy Mat when activated. Ships landed on planet surfaces or orbiting planets that would normally provide culture do not also harvest culture when this ability is activated.

I could only really see this being useful when you have all 4 ships available and at home on your Galaxy map. You get a move ship dice and can activate this to boost your culture quickly. Or, you have one leftover Colony Action dice after you just gained a couple planets. Your other ships would be home, so they could acquire culture to allow you to follow on the next person's turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ziggy2000 wrote:
Does this count for any uncolonized planets that you have a ship landed on?

Are uncolonized planets in your galaxy?

Nope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering you only have one galaxy and that's on your galaxy mat, this does not count for planets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.