Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Blue Moon Legends» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about the "Fun" gang rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Morasse
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So let's say I play with the Khind, I choose the Earth element and I only play:

FunFun (the values of my character cards double)
+
FunFlip (Earth value 3)

My total power value for this turn is 6

And on my next turn, I only play:

FunFlap (Earth value 1)
+
FunFlop (Earth value 3)

What is my total power value?

7 or 14??

Thanks in advance
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
14
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Oppedisano
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
14.

Also worth noting that you can't have other cards in your combat area without the gang affiliation in order to be able to keep any previously played gang characters active.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
14 as has been said. But why?

Basically because that text is continuous. I don't recall how much explanation we put into the BML rulebook about the distinction between single action text and continuous text, and I don't have a rulebook to hand. I'm fairly sure some is there. The critical thing usually is use (or non-use) of the word "now".

There's material about this in the Blue Moon FAQ list, but the BML rulebook (including advanced concepts) should cover it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Morasse
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I understand correctly, playing FunFlip(3) on a first turn, FunFun(X2) on a second turn and FunFlap(1)+FunFlop(3) on a third turn would amount to the same total power value on that third turn??
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Oppedisano
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nuzferatu wrote:
So if I understand correctly, playing FunFlip(3) on a first turn, FunFun(X2) on a second turn and FunFlap(1)+FunFlop(3) on a third turn would amount to the same total power value on that third turn??


If I understand what you are asking, the answer is 'yes.'

Just for reference, the actual wording for the rule for Gang states, "If a player plays a character card with the same gang icon as his active character cards, and there are no other active cards in his combat area, he may choose to keep the previously played character cards active."

So in your example, you went from a value of 3 in your first turn, then to 6 on your second turn, and then 14 on your third turn.

Again, this is as long as there are no other active cards in the combat area (like Booster cards).



1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Morasse
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oppedj02 wrote:
Nuzferatu wrote:
So if I understand correctly, playing FunFlip(3) on a first turn, FunFun(X2) on a second turn and FunFlap(1)+FunFlop(3) on a third turn would amount to the same total power value on that third turn??


If I understand what you are asking, the answer is 'yes.'

Just for reference, the actual wording for the rule for Gang states, "If a player plays a character card with the same gang icon as his active character cards, and there are no other active cards in his combat area, he may choose to keep the previously played character cards active."

So in your example, you went from a value of 3 in your first turn, then to 6 on your second turn, and then 14 on your third turn.

Again, this is as long as there are no other active cards in the combat area (like Booster cards).





I was not sure if the "gang" cards played on previous turns were becoming covered on subsequent turns. But as long as they are not "interrupted" by boosters or free cards(*), they stay active!

Perfect, thank you very much! It makes perfect sense now. This game rocks btw
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
char_lea Tsai
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mb
surpriseAm I the ONLY ONE here who think the answer is 8 ?
(3+1+0)x2=8
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Brooks
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cRossdaRk wrote:
surpriseAm I the ONLY ONE here who think the answer is 8 ?
(3+1+0)x2=8


Yes.

Why are you including only one of FunFlip and FunFlop (the two +3 characters)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.