Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Matt
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
I got a few questions about the game rules.

1, let's say I have already build the "Fireplace" or "Pot", so when the Night Phase comes, we need to discard one food for each player, my question is, by discarding these food, can we get those heals from the "Fireplace" or "Pot"? Or do we need to discard extra food for the heals fro "Fireplace" or "Pot"? Can the "Fireplace" and "Pot" be used together?

2, When assigning one pawn to build something, let's say, the roof, I need to roll the dies to do it right? If I roll a failed dice, do I need to discard all the resources that the roof needed? Or I can just keep those resources because I didn't build it.

Forgive me if my english is bad, and thanks a lot for your answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
dmczyn wrote:
Hi all,
I got a few questions about the game rules.

1, let's say I have already build the "Fireplace" or "Pot", so when the Night Phase comes, we need to discard one food for each player, my question is, by discarding these food, can we get those heals from the "Fireplace" or "Pot"? Or do we need to discard extra food for the heals fro "Fireplace" or "Pot"? Can the "Fireplace" and "Pot" be used together?

2, When assigning one pawn to build something, let's say, the roof, I need to roll the dies to do it right? If I roll a failed dice, do I need to discard all the resources that the roof needed? Or I can just keep those resources because I didn't build it.

Forgive me if my english is bad, and thanks a lot for your answers.

1. The food used for the regular feeding is only used for that, and you have to discard extra food to use the Pot and/or the Fireplace. You discard 1 extra food to heal by 1 for the Pot, and 1 extra food for 2 healing from the Fireplace. Neither of these can be used more than once per turn.

2. You keep the resources on the failed roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Matt
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:

1. The food used for the regular feeding is only used for that, and you have to discard extra food to use the Pot and/or the Fireplace. You discard 1 extra food to heal by 1 for the Pot, and 1 extra food for 2 healing from the Fireplace. Neither of these can be used more than once per turn.

2. You keep the resources on the failed roll.

Thanks a lot for replying it so fast.

So for the first one, if I have both Pot and Fireplace, during night phase, i can discard one food to heal 2 wounds (using Fireplace) and i can discard another one food to heal 1 wound (using Pot), but I can do this only one time per round right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also, re #1, the rulebook states you can choose to use the Pot or Fireplace (or other healing items) before the eating requirement: "If players have [any item that provide healing] they can only use it during the night phase (but at any time during that phase).". This could let you strategically heal one player at the expense of another player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dmczyn wrote:
So for the first one, if I have both Pot and Fireplace, during night phase, i can discard one food to heal 2 wounds (using Fireplace) and i can discard another one food to heal 1 wound (using Pot), but I can do this only one time per round right?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Matt
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks a lot. We did play lots of wrong moves during our first game....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Statarius

Citrus Heights
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dmczyn wrote:

Amen, brother!

I hear it took the Almighty Himself 3 games to realize the difference between Invention and Item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Statarius wrote:
dmczyn wrote:

Amen, brother!

I hear it took the Almighty Himself 3 games to realize the difference between Invention and Item.

Preach it, brother! I remember reading the rules setting up the first game and thinking "which one is the invention side?" That's when I knew I was in for a bumpy ride.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.