Hide
11 Posts

Talisman (Revised 4th Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Imp + Cursed by a Hag rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trim Reaper
msg tools
If a player draws 2 cards, 1st card drawn is Imp and 2nd card drawn is Cursed by a Hag, is the player teleported by the Imp while the Hag remains on the space where the player originally drew 2 cards?

Thank you,

Trogdor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good News!

You are teleported by the Imp and the Hag remains for the next (un)lucky player who lands there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trim Reaper
msg tools
Beautiful. Thank you. If you drew the Hag first would FAQ's "Events before Followers" order override the normal "both cards have encounter number of 1 so work them in the order drawn"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TrogdorUltra wrote:
If you drew the Hag first would FAQ's "Events before Followers" order override the normal "both cards have encounter number of 1 so work them in the order drawn"?

I cannot definitively answer this question.
The FAQ doesn't necessarily apply to this specific situation.
The FAQ only specifies that #1 Events happen before #1 Enemies. It makes no mention of #1 Followers (or any other "off number" cards for that matter).

In this case I'd say it probably defaults to the general rule of "order drawn".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I may get others debating correcting me here (I usually do!) but if memory serves me (and I don't have the rulebook or FAQ in front of me), I believe the FAQ refers to normal followers that have an encounter number of 5. The Hag has an encounter number of 1.

Cards drawn that have the same encounter number would be encountered in the order drawn regardless of what type of card they are.

That's how we play it. Feel free, all, to chime in if you play differently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned above, the FAQ helps answer this, partly.
When all things equal, the order the cards were drawn is how it plays out.
Hopecthis helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adjogi wrote:
Cards drawn that have the same encounter number would be encountered in the order drawn regardless of what type of card they are.

(Part of) The problem is the FAQ has a detailed "encounter the space" breakdown, and "#1 Events" specifically happen before "#1 Enemies".

But this appears to be the only real exception to the normal rules of "order drawn".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note also that Cursed by a Hag is technically an event card that you take as a follower. Not that it makes much difference to me; I play the same was as Adam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Tosolini
Italy
Povoletto
Udine
flag msg tools
That's because I currently cannot play any board games.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aarontu wrote:
Note also that Cursed by a Hag is technically an event card that you take as a follower. Not that it makes much difference to me; I play the same was as Adam.

Used to be so in 2nd Edition and Black Industries 4th Edition, but FFG Revised Edition made it into an EN 1 Follower, like the Poltergeist.

The Encounter Sequence in the FAQ has just forgotten this category of Followers, which existed since the base game (before EN 1 Enemies, first introduced in the Reaper Expansion). Now we even have EN 1 Places... also not covered by the Encounter Sequence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
What if the FAQ were simply wrong, as it contradicts the rule ?
The rule says that if same numbered adventure cards are drawn, the order they were drawn in indicates the sequence of their application.
The FAQ overrides that simple rule, which should lead to the publication of a revised set if rules or, at least, an erratum.
A FAQ in itself should only aim to answer questions or to reformulate the rules to make them more understandable. Not change the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Warlock wrote:
Aarontu wrote:

Used to be so in 2nd Edition and Black Industries 4th Edition, but FFG Revised Edition made it into an EN 1 Follower, like the Poltergeist.

The Encounter Sequence in the FAQ has just forgotten this category of Followers, which existed since the base game (before EN 1 Enemies, first introduced in the Reaper Expansion). Now we even have EN 1 Places... also not covered by the Encounter Sequence.
Thanks. I was going off of memory and I stand corrected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.