Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marty Ellenberger
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
It is the middle of the Rogue Galaxy (Artemis) turn. Culture is at max (6).
Die roll is "Colony Action", for this level the action is "Rogue steals one (Culture). Which happens?
1. Solo player reduces Culture by one, Rogue stays at max.
2. Solo player Culture stays the same, because Rogue has no room for stolen Culture.

Move to the end of the turn, both Energy and Culture are at max on the Rogue. Do I get to choose in which order the special actions occur? Obviously I want to do the Culture action first, since this will effectively render Energy results useless (since Energy is already at max), as well as Culture results (since Culture is not cleared until after the extra rolls).

I also want to be sure I'm doing my player rerolls properly - the first one is free to reroll as many unactivated dice as I wish. After that I pay ONE energy to reroll AS MANY UNACTIVATED DICE AS I WISH, correct?

TIA!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
When in doubt, I'd say use the interpretation that's hardest on the player. So in this case, player loses culture even though AI can't gain any more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that the rogue galaxy upgrades it's empire when it acquires resources through die rolls (since that's the section where the info is listed) it'll upgrade it's empire. I'd say that the rogue's culture track would stay where it is but you'd lose the culture still.

I would choose the rogue's special action in the order they occur in the rulebook, energy then culture, but that's just me.

Quote:
The first reroll of each turn is free; thereafter, a reroll, of any unactivated dice, costs 1 energy

I would say this means that you can reroll as many unactivated as you want, and then if you want to reroll them again, it'll cost you another 1 energy. If you then choose to activate a die, then reroll the rest, it'll cost you another energy as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.