Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if anyone have tried this before but How about we play this here on bgg?

If you have all the official cards of all Legendary and all its expansions including Villains. And you have to pick only 6 cards.

What those 6 cards will be?

The rules are simple:
- just pick 6 cards and play them one by one
- try to achieve highest Stars and/or Attack and total them (just like doing the final showdown

Example:
I know most Players will think of this. A very very straight forward pick:

Living Weapon (Iron Fist Rare) = 8 atk
Hulk Smash (Hulk Rare) = 5+5 = 10 atk
It's Clobbering Time (Thing Rare) = 5+3+3 = 11 atk
3 x Copy Powers (Rogue Uncommon)= copying thing's rare for:
1st = 5+3+3+3 = 14 atk
2nd = 5+3+3+3+3 = 17 atk
3rd = 5+3+3+3+3+3 = 20

so that's 8+10+11+14+17+21 = 80 Attack!

So with that, i think Rogue's Copy Powers is a bit overpowered. And also obvious pick will we those rares cards, so make the deck building more challenging we will add some rules:

- Rogue's Copy Powers is banned

- you can use only up to 1 rare card and only up to 2 uncommon cards, but you can have up to 6 commons cards as you want, but of course only up to 5 cards of the same name (i am not really sure about this rule So you may ignore this one)

so with rules tweaked, so maybe we cant achieve that 80 score, but maybe we can. who knows?

additional rules:
since there is no HQ/Lair you cant recruit and also there is no mastermind or villians so you cant fight them. Therefore if a cards tells you to recruit for free it does nothing, same as defeat a villian for free do nothing too,
- as per rules "if a card tells you to do something, do as much as you can, if you can't do it or some of it, do nothing"
- but other card stacks are there. shield officer, madamme hydra, new recruits and sidekicks stack exists so if a card tells you to gain those you can gain them
- and also Bystanders stack also exists, but the stack only have regular bystanders(no bystanders with abilities). when a card tells to you rescue/kidnap a bystander grab one of them and add 1 point to you total score per bystander you rescue/kidnap.

(of course when you have your 6 cards you choose in hand, your deck and discard pile are currently empty, but it can have some cards by effects)
And to make some potential to cards that draws and other cards' abilities, we will adding this rule:
- When an effect tells you to draw card/s and your deck and discard pile is empty. you get either Shield Agent, Shield Trooper, hydra agent or hydra trooper of you choice and put it into your hand instead.

Maybe i mislooked something here. but for now let's try this.

Honestly, even me right now is still thinking of that 6 cards i want.

So let's see who will be the most Legendary and win on this "Ultimate Showdown" variant.

The prize for the winners will be: Bragging rights of course

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theorel Masheriel
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think you need some additional restrictions...there are some infinite attack combos in the game...in particular with your system:

I can do Kingpin:
Pull Strings (New Recruit to hand)
Endless Underlings (3 more New Recruits to hand, place New Recruits on bottom of deck when played)
Play your new Recruits as many times as you like. (the second new recruit will draw a new recruit, and continue ad infinitum)
(Note: Just for fun, Play Import Illegal Weapons when you get tired of playing New Recruits to double your attack.)

Or I can do 2 dodge cards to get infinite discard/draw, then use any number of cards to turn it into attack:
Dodge a card (draw trooper)
Dodge a second card (draw first dodged card)
Dodge the first card again (drawing second)
etc...
Then play:
(Skadi) Hammer of the Serpent: +2 attack per discard
(Skirn) Titanic Bludgeon: +1 attack per draw
(Wolverine X-Men) Berserker Rage (w/ instinct): +1 Attack per Draw
(Electro) Supercharge: +1 Attack per discard
(Wolverine X-Force) Reckless Abandon draw another card for each time you dodged. (make them all Troopers)

---
I think you could fix these by changing:
-When an effect tells you to draw card/s and your deck and discard pile is empty. you get either Shield Agent, Shield Trooper, hydra agent or hydra trooper of you choice and put it into your hand instead.

But then you'd also need to make it so that you can't reveal them, or name cost 0, or something since Daredevil's rare can draw infinitely many Shield Agents/Troopers if that's what's always on top of your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theorel Masheriel
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
So, all of those infinite combos use the Villain Cards. I don't see a way to do the same with Sidekicks/Secret Wars.
Anyways, avoiding infinite loops, here's the best I've managed:
-Heroes: Bishop, Silver Surfer, Proxima Midnight.
Hand: 3xAbsorb Energies (Bishop's Common), Firepower from the Future (Bishop's Rare), Supernova Spear (Proxima Midnight Rare), and Energy Surge (Silver Surfer Rare).
Play Bishop's Commons: 6 Atk, +6 Recruit/Card KO'd.
Bishop's Rare discards top 4 cards (All Troopers), KO's them. (+4 Base Atk, +4 Atk for the troopers, +24 Recruit for KOing).
Proxima Midnight's Rare: (activates from Bishop's Common) +8 Recruit, +8 Atk.
Silver Surfer's Rare: +32 Recruit.
End Result: 64 Recruit + 22 Atk= 86 Showdown total.

Just for fun, putting Rogue back in play:
Domino's Rare(Covert): 5 Recruit
Proxima Midnight Rare: +8 Recruit +8 Atk.
Surfer's Rare: +13 Recruit
Copy Powers-Surfer: +26 Recruit
Copy Surfer: +52 Recruit
Copy Surfer: +104 Recruit.
End Total: 208 Recruit + 8 Attack for 216 total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what I came up:

Living Weapon
Radioactive Spider
Blind Justice
Pickpocket (X3)

Play Radioactive Spider first (3 recruit) and put Living Weapon on top of deck.
Play Pickpocket X3 (24 attack, 3 recruit)
Play Blind Justice (28 attack, 3 recruit) and draw Living Weapon
Play Living Weapon (36 attack, 3 recruit)

Total so far is 39.

Not sure what happens with living weapon as all further cards draws would be 0 cost?

I only used 1 rare and 1 uncommon, though you could probably still do something with Bishop that would beat it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Theorel
Nice catch there. As I said earlier I could get a mislooked there. Thank you.

I partially agree about the fix you are suggesting but..

Actually the only reason i put that rules about getting shield/hydra troopers/agents is that so we can make use of those cards that draws.

@Michael
nice. that was great only using 1 rare and 1 uncommon

about the living weapon i think you get 2 zero cost trooper/agents so Plus 2 there on your showdown total

so how about...
When using New recruits you don't return it to the pile.. so you can play just up to 15 new recruit at max..

and also about the shield/hydra troopers/agents it cant infinite because there are only 120 total of them in all. but it is still huge.

so as for now we will add there rules
- No infinites

-When using New recruits you don't return it to the pile

thanks guys... keep those 6-card combinations coming and
any other suggestions about the rules are very much welcome..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theorel Masheriel
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:

I only used 1 rare and 1 uncommon, though you could probably still do something with Bishop that would beat it.

I mean, the simplest would just be basically what I did above, replacing the rares with more of Bishop's Commons:
5x Absorb Energies: 10 Atk, +10 Recruit/KO
Bishop's Rare: 4 Atk (+4 Atk if all 4 discards are Troopers), KO all 4 for +40 Recruit.
Showdown Total: 40 Recruit, 18 Attack=58.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
about bishops' absorb energy...

are you sure you can get more than +2 stars for "every" KO???

because when we play it.. we only get 2 stars from it. because it doesnt say "For EVERY card you KO".

just like invisible woman's four of a kind... even though you play a lot of 4 cost you only get +2 attack from it. not multiple +2 attacks.

can anyone clarify this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahewlett
msg tools
mbmbmb
dchamp wrote:
about bishops' absorb energy...

are you sure you can get more than +2 stars for "every" KO???

because when we play it.. we only get 2 stars from it. because it doesnt say "For EVERY card you KO".

Bishop's Absorbing Energies says:
wrote:
Whenever a card you own is KO'd this turn, you get +2 Recruit points.

The whenever part literally means that yes for EVERY card you KO after you play Absorbing Energies you get the +2 bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.