Atari 2600
United States
California
flag msg tools
Finally it seems like I am making some breakthrough in the natures ire expansion, however, this time I am also using the familiar and it seems to be making a lot of difference. Seems like a lot of the attacks from the monsters attack heroes with certain attributes and the familiar does not have any.

Is it me or is more people feeling the same way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norm Al
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've seen the familiars should be treated as heroes for the attacks, so they should be getting attacked the same as Heroes depending on placement/attack card drawn. It's been awhile since I played Natures Ire so I don't remember all the attack cards, but if most of them specify attacking a hero with a certain attribute then I agree that familiars would definitely be getting attacked less.

This might be because in Forgotten Souls the familiars were easy meat shields and specifying attributes might have been a way to make the heroes still vulnerable despite having familiars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
Ideally play this scenario without a familiar. If he is treated as a hero for the attacks, he can lure monsters away from the heroes the way real overlord would never play.

If he is not treated as the hero then he can freely attack everything and it is unkillable by monsters.

The official ruling is he is the valid target for monsters, which is somewhat better then the second case, but neither case is actually good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Van den Broeck
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luring monsters away is a dangerous tactic. You never know if the monsters will attack closest hero, or furthest hero. I played forgotten souls with him and I wouldn't say the game is broken with a familiar.

P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.