Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Minis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Atari 2600
United States
California
flag msg tools
Anyone uses minis for this game? Any pictures? Do they help increase the theme of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few images in the gallery of people using miniatures.

I could imagine them being a little annoying when doing move actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, they look cool, but I think I'd find them a hindrance. I say this as someone who happily uses minis in Elder Sign:

But in ES, the minis take the place of the character counters and serve that purpose, whereas in this game, the cards are still needed, so the minis just create an extra, non-functional layer of stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use some old practice painted space Marines of different colors as minis. We don't put them in the center of the table, rather we use them as token markers for what order you used that round. They are more entertaining than the cardboard disks but I don't really think they add that much to the game. It's a great use of some minis I painted years ago for practice though and I'm glad eveeytime they make it to the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Clarke
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
I think using minis might look great, but would be a minor annoyance when moving Marines - and a huge hassle when moving a swarm of Genestealers.

If you want to add atmosphere, a really good Space Hulk-themed mat is the way to go, maybe with a few minis off at the side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atari 2600
United States
California
flag msg tools
Where can I get those mats?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there are a couple of different designs that people have made in the files section of the game page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, playing with minis might be a bit unpractical, but they look pretty awesome...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.