JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you could combine the styles and unique base (and tokens/cards necessary) to create one single fighter, which six cards would you choose? Assume te fighter would have the abilities/traits those cards require as well.

Nothing's off limits, go crazy. I'm going to spend a few days thinking about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah this will definitely take a little time to peruse and think. I'll try to come up with something fun & unique.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiran Kin
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll give this some more thought, but for now...

Just give Jager's Menacing style to Gaspar. =D

(Replace Instanced, I guess.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
Could I have an order of Magdelina's Trance, with a side of Eustace's Cross? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
My wish is pretty simple, just give Marmelee the UA that Shekhtur has, reworded to Concentration Counters. All done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
digi holic
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Clive's UA with Clive's styles and Clive's unique base.

But seriously, though, let's consider some of the best moves in the game, shall we?

Negation from Sagas is a really strong style, and if you can get to the center space, Negation shots are deadly.

Joal's Cutthroat means that you always have an answer to slow guard moves, and the +1 priority is nice too.

Without seals to manage, Mikhail's move are all amazing, but I'm going to go with Transcendant.

So far, we've been pretty melee focused. What about range? How about instead we run in with Alexian's Stalwart and hit for a million damage? Sounds good to me.

And let's round up this uncounterable powerhouse with the style that messes up all of the other uncounterable powerhouses, Seth's Fool's style.

As for the unique base, let's go with Lixis's Lance as a dash counter that's also wicked fast, and if you're already adjacent, combine it with Cutthroat for a 6 speed stun-on-hit dash counter.

For UA, we need to pick something that doesn't require styles to function properly, and is still really strong. A few options we have for this are Cadenza's (Never stunned!), Shekthur's (Oh? I'm first again? You don't say!), Lixis (Momentum!), Seth's (Outplayed!), Hepzibah's (The only life point that matters is your last), or Clinhyde's (Ditto), but I think the best one for this is Runika's. You have no way of getting back deactivated artifacts, or overload them, but you won't need it. You won't be getting hit often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
The single best UA to tack on somewhere has to be Magdelina's. The stats you get from it without the downside of weak styles are enormous. Combine that with overstated styles from Alexian (i.e. Stalwart) and tricks like Negation (we ain't got styles, but +2/+2 from the UA goes a long way) and you got a stat monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Magdelina's probably the strongest UA.

On the other hand, Kehrolyn's UA with Mikhail's styles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why stop at Alexian? Grab some of Mikhail's styles and put them on Magdelina!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean, what are the best styles in the game?

Baenvier Devastating: 0/+1/+1, ignore Soak and Stun Guard
Jager Menacing: 0/0/-2, Stun immunity, ignore soak and stun guard, go first if they play a card in your discard (if you're magdelina, devastating probably better?)
Mikhail Hallowed: +0~1/+3/+1, SoB: Pull 1, OD: Push up to damage dealt
Mikhail Sacred: +0~1/+1/+0, Dodge at range 3 or greater
Alexian Stalwart: 0/+1/-3, SG5, Advance up to 3 without crossing, +1 power for each space advanced
Arec Returning: +0~1/0/+1, win priority ties, if both players played the same base you are stunned and your range includes the whole board.
Cadenza Clockwork: Y'all know what this does.

What else stands out? Perceptional and Geomantic are obviously nuts but you don't have tokens to spend. Tanis Playful to steal bonuses? Baenvier spellforge to crush defenses?

Also Byron's Deathless (+1~3/+2/-1, Cannot take more than 1 this beat, OD Range 4: move opponent anywhere) is crazy good without Masks and would be extra-good with Magdelina's UA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, off the top of my head, I really wouldn't mind Seth Cremmul's UA with the strong styles and base of someone like Cadenza or Joal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.