Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Hanechak
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like a similar game (without mention of Lord of the Rings) just appeared on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/395190/

I don't think I've actually ever played this, though, so I'm not sure if it's the same game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My best-rated game: Tetrarchia, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
badge
Try my latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks exactly the same. I guess it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is exactly the same. It was covered on BBG news a little while ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian S.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
01010011 01001000 01000001 01001100 01001100 00100000 01010111 01000101 00100000 01010000 01001100 01000001 01011001 00100000 01000001 00100000 01000111 01000001 01001101 01000101 00111111
mbmbmbmbmb
And price for the virtual version is also the same as the cardboard version. Yikes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
BrianHanechak wrote:
It looks like a similar game (without mention of Lord of the Rings) just appeared on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/395190/

I don't think I've actually ever played this, though, so I'm not sure if it's the same game.

Well, minus the LOTR-specific theme, since they didn't have the license. But yeah I think it's the same.
I love how Knizia integrated the theme & mechanics like with the Balrog and Boromir, so I'm disappointed they weren't able to get the specific license.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Freitas
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But does anyone know if it's exactly the same game without the LOTR theme? Same exact abilities, map, etc?

And what about the alternate characters, does it have those too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thorigor wrote:
But does anyone know if it's exactly the same game without the LOTR theme? Same exact abilities, map, etc?

This has more details

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/offworldgames/reiner-kn...

Look at the Character Descriptions & Abilities. Same as the original boardgame.

Looks like they were going to do some variants as well... looking at them, I see that some are exactly like the variants in the Deluxe boardgame. Not sure if all of them are, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn von Knorring
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
The picture is a swedish cartoon-figure Herman Hedning. English info here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Hedning
mbmbmbmbmb
Thorigor wrote:

Yes, it is the EXACT same game except for not having LOTR theme. Saruman is now a Necromancer with strenth 4 and the ability to choose not have any cards played. Frodo is "The Prince" with strenth 1 and the ability to retreat sideways (except in Mountains) etc etc.

18 new characters are going to introduced eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.