Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Threat reset rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, probably a stupid question after reading the rules. But what happens with the threat level between missions? Do you keep the current threat (so, can the imperial player save up on threat)? Does it reset to 0 before each mission? I couldn't find this anywhere in the rules.

All in all, the rules are clear to start with, but I think the rules + reference guide system (same in Eldritch Horror) is not helping me at all. After reading the rules, I keep wondering what certain cards are for, and how to get them. Would've been nice to have the component overview also mention what the cards are for and how to acquire them. But I guess things get clear after playing one or two games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PC ichigo
Thailand
Bangbuathong
Nonthaburi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's reset before each mission begin.

It stated in the "Learn to play" Rule book page 10, in "Mission setup" section.

"2. Prepare Threat and Round Dial:The Imperial player sets the
threat dial to 0 and the round dial to 1."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Stupid me, I should probably make a mission preparation cheat sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vance
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Threat Level is determined by the mission log and increases over the campaign.

Threat (show in the rules as the Imperial Symbol) is also the name of the resource the Imperial player spends to reinforce. This pool resets between missions so you can't hoard it for later missions. Missions will often give the Imperial Player a certain amount of threat to deploy open groups at the beginning of a mission (this number is often 2x the current threat level).

If the Rebels bring allies at the beginning of a mission, the Imperial player also gets additional threat equal to the point cost of that ally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon rorke
South Africa
Sandton
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nickv2002 wrote:

If the Rebels bring allies at the beginning of a mission, the Imperial player also gets additional threat equal to the point cost of that ally.

If they do bring a ally then the imperial player also gets to do a free optional deployment of their open cards as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
... and the rebels choose whether to bring an ally only after hearing the mission briefing and arriving on and adjacent to the entrance themselves.

(Btw, there should not be the word free for the imperial optional deployment. It will just be an optional deployment in response to bringing in an ally, and deployments cost whatever they cost. It happening can't really be called free because you can't buy to have an optional deployment, they just happen from events or from the status phase.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess all of this is in the ally part of the reference guide?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwakkie wrote:
I guess all of this is in the ally part of the reference guide?

Yes. It's all there when you need it, or on the second page of the campaign guide. Read that well and read it aloud to the rebel players, or let them read it themselves. There is nothing secret before page 4 in the campaign guide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another dumb question (still have yet to play), but I assume you lower the threat dial when you spend threat? For example, if I now have 6 threat and I spend that 6 threat to redeploy a group, I would lower the threat on the threat dial to 0... correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kennyj wrote:
Another dumb question (still have yet to play), but I assume you lower the threat dial when you spend threat? For example, if I now have 6 threat and I spend that 6 threat to redeploy a group, I would lower the threat on the threat dial to 0... correct?

Correct. Threat is the imperial player currency during the mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kennyj wrote:

Yes. The threat dial represents your current threat. So when you spend threat, you reduce the value on the dial.

As long as you remember that the dial is your current amount of threat (which is represented by the threat symbol) and the threat level is the value that is specified on the campaign log, you should be able to figure out all the other instructions given in missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.