Popular Tags: [View All]
Imre Hauszknecht
Hungary
Pécs
flag msg tools
We'll kill you with kindness!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... in french, english, german, polish, chinese, japan, dutch, spanish and italian. So hungarian means NOTHING to you Repos!

http://www.rprod.com/7wonders-duel/7wonders-duel-download.ph...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexandria Lighthouse wallpaper links are currently pointing to the wrong files (Babylon).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
badge
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
rulebook wrote:

This card changes the trading rules for the indicated resource. Starting on the following turn, you will purchase the indicated resource
from the bank at the cost of 1 coin per unit.

This (yellow I assume) card also means that the purchasing price for me is no longer affected by the amount of this resource that my opponent has, please?

EDIT: Btw. love the fact that the "demoing players" are Antoine and Bruno! :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Lima
Brazil
Sorocaba
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moocifer wrote:
Alexandria Lighthouse wallpaper links are currently pointing to the wrong files (Babylon).

Here are the correct links:

iPhone: http://www.rprod.com/7wonders-duel/files/wallpapers/iphone/g...
Screen: http://www.rprod.com/7wonders-duel/files/wallpapers/screen/g...
iPad: http://www.rprod.com/7wonders-duel/files/wallpapers/ipad/gre...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Repos Production
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moocifer wrote:

Thank you for this, we corrected the links on our website
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Repos Production
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
myyysha wrote:
rulebook wrote:

This card changes the trading rules for the indicated resource. Starting on the following turn, you will purchase the indicated resource

This (yellow I assume) card also means that the purchasing price for me is no longer affected by the amount of this resource that my opponent has, please?

Yes I confirm that the purchasing price is no longer affected by your opponent for this resource
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Economy Progress Token, there is the following clarification:
Quote:
The trade discounts of your opponent (Stone Reserve,
Wood Reserve, Clay Reserve, and Customs House cards) change
the purchase price, but the Economy Progress token allows you
to gain the actual money spent by your opponent.

I was actually confused by this clarification (because of the word "but"). If my opponent has the Wood Reserve and trades for 3 wood, they would need to spend 3 coins (since they get a discount), which I would receive if I have the Economy Progress Token -- correct?

In other words, my opponent figures out how much money they would spend with their discounts (ignoring the fact that I have the Economy Progress Token, which does not affect this amount). Then they just give that exact amount of money to me instead of to the bank, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
badge
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
AntoineReposProd wrote:
myyysha wrote:
rulebook wrote:

Yes I confirm that the purchasing price is no longer affected by your opponent for this resource

Thank you.
I assume it's too late to mention this in the printed rulebook for the less BGG-savvy gamers? blush Or maybe only I am extra dim-witted not to understand this...

Regardless, after reading the rulebook, the game looks awesome even more! I love the new concepts in the "old" thing... like building chains from Age I to Age III.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom V
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a really great game but a couple of thing in the rulebook could use an edit.
One example on the bottom right of page 15; they say the same thing 4 different ways:
-- This card is worth X coins per Wonder constructed in your city at the time it is constructed.
-- This card is worth X coins for each {color} card constructed in the player's city at the moment when it is constructed.
-- This card is worth X coins for each {color} card constructed in your city at the moment when it is constructed.
-- This card is worth X coins for each {color} card (including itself) constructed in the player's city at the moment when it is constructed.

Leads to some interesting questions for rules literalists:
-- Do only Yellow card score themselves since they're the only ones that actually say they do?
-- Is there a significance to "your city" vs. "the player's city"? It almost implies building in the other player's city, but that's not reflected anywhere else in the rules.
-- Similarly: "in your city" vs "constructed in your city". This one sort of make sense if you consider chains or The Mausoleum to be gaining a card without building it. I don't think it really reads that way but I could see someone interpreting it that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Repos Production
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joakley815 wrote:
Quote:

I was actually confused by this clarification (because of the word "but"). If my opponent has the Wood Reserve and trades for 3 wood, they would need to spend 3 coins (since they get a discount), which I would receive if I have the Economy Progress Token -- correct?

In other words, my opponent figures out how much money they would spend with their discounts (ignoring the fact that I have the Economy Progress Token, which does not affect this amount). Then they just give that exact amount of money to me instead of to the bank, correct?

It's almost correct. The amount that the opponent gives you when you own the Economy progress token is only the amount he would pay for the ressources he buys (so he counts his different discounts) but the coins part of the Building costs are still paid to the bank.

Hope this is a bit more clear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Repos Production
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
twvogelsang wrote:
Looks like a really great game but a couple of thing in the rulebook could use an edit.
One example on the bottom right of page 15; they say the same thing 4 different ways:
-- This card is worth X coins per Wonder constructed in your city at the time it is constructed.
-- This card is worth X coins for each {color} card constructed in the player's city at the moment when it is constructed.
-- This card is worth X coins for each {color} card constructed in your city at the moment when it is constructed.
-- This card is worth X coins for each {color} card (including itself) constructed in the player's city at the moment when it is constructed.

Leads to some interesting questions for rules literalists:
-- Do only Yellow card score themselves since they're the only ones that actually say they do?
-- Is there a significance to "your city" vs. "the player's city"? It almost implies building in the other player's city, but that's not reflected anywhere else in the rules.
-- Similarly: "in your city" vs "constructed in your city". This one sort of make sense if you consider chains or The Mausoleum to be gaining a card without building it. I don't think it really reads that way but I could see someone interpreting it that way.

Concerning your few questions concerning the rulebook :
Only yellow cards score themselves because only yellow cards have this kind of Symbols.
There is no difference between the terms "your city" and "the player's city"
Same goes for "in your city" and "constructed in your city" (even chains and the mausoleum give you the opportunity to construct buildings. You simply don't have to pay for the construction).

I'll transfer the two last comments to our internal services for review

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AntoineReposProd wrote:
Joakley815 wrote:
Quote:

It's almost correct. The amount that the opponent gives you when you own the Economy progress token is only the amount he would pay for the ressources he buys (so he counts his different discounts) but the coins part of the Building costs are still paid to the bank.

Hope this is a bit more clear

Yes that helps...I should have said, "My opponent figures out how much money they would spend for buying resources..." I was not assuming that the money they paid for building expenses would be given to me.

Thanks very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom V
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Only yellow cards score themselves because only yellow cards have this kind of Symbols.

Maybe I'm missing something: The symbols on page 15 look identical other than the color of the card.

What on those symbols indicates that only yellow scores itself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black dog
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you play a card with that kind of symbol, you earn money.
Only yellow cards have those symbols. You can see one of those cards on page 2 of the rulebook.

How much you earn depends on the number of cards of that color you have. If you have to score the yellow ones, also count the card you just play.

There is no difference with the base game on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
twvogelsang wrote:
Quote:

Maybe I'm missing something: The symbols on page 15 look identical other than the color of the card.

What on those symbols indicates that only yellow scores itself?

Those symbols only show up on yellow cards, therefore non-yellow cards can never score themselves by definition. If the symbols *could* show on non-yellow cards they *would* count themselves, but they never show up on any cards but yellow ones. Just like the original 7 Wonders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Repos Production
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Black Dog and Jean-Philippe. This is correct and helps to clarify
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Heisey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man. So excited. Preordered it at FLGS. Now we wait...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gimly
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
looks like AWESOME game. I love card-pattern mechanic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James VB
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man this game look so awesome...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.