David Hebart-Coleman
Ivory Coast
Wien / Abidjan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the recent comments on the ks page, Tristan 'revealed' that the name Kilforth comes from a world he created for a roleplaying campaign years ago, and I would guess that many fantasy boardgame designers have a similiar tale to tell.

I don't think that this is much of a surprise, given that many people tried their hand at drawing cool maps and coming up with cool names for cities, battles and of course characters. I myself had too many elves with the word 'bow' somewhere - starbow, moonbow, rainbow.... Or rangers with plant names, or dwarves with names ending in k.

One of the rewards is to be able to name a place card. I can't think of many campaigns with that as an option (but am happy to be corrected).

What are the names you remember or thought were the most memorable or deserving to see the light?

My best character name was Brnsyl the Tall, and I can only remember a couple of place names being Windhaven, and its dark twin (also the name of another game). So yeah, not that memorable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my mates used to 'roll up' his names by the letter using dice. He played a fairly insane half-orc called "Ypemqi-Tu".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regal Rutgust a 1/2 ling wizard from days in D&D when 1/2 ling could not be wizard I always brake the rules

Jala Quickjump Acrobat thief. one of my 1st every characters she crops up in my online mmo's now and again

most recent character is a wandering knight called Bristen Rondue, based on the littlest Hobo, and the name is one of the writers of the show, i looked up on wiki.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firpine Treetall. 6'10 human ranger. Good lad but a bit chaotic.

Athelos Dexter. Firpine's half elf mate. Shifty character. Both found in the very first street encounter of my old Hommlet campaign from thirty years ago. They became a recurring double act, of dubious intent.

Cack-hand Amdor. Fantastic NPC from some very old White Dwarf scenario 'Halls of the Sussuruss'. 1st level magic user pretending to be 25th level and ordering the party to do crazy things. Great fun. Edit: it was called 'The Halls of Tizune Thane' and the new monster was the sussuruss.

Joo-Look Quaz. Star Trek roleplaying. 'Old Soldiers Never Die'. Party looking to find someone with the initial 'P' in a block of flats. I totally thought it was a Q, made up Joo-Look Quaz, and played for ten minutes. Then someone said. Wait… Quaz with a 'Q'? False intel whistle

Happy times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjorn Nilsson
Sweden
Solna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was a young lad I often played charachters which I namned Tristan. True story. It was 25 years ago and I didn´t realise at that time that the name Tristan was a real name.

Other than the above my most famous halfing thief was namned Tristhi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/c/Catweazle00
badge
CatWeazle
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's see:
Marc Monragne a half elf ranger and upper class twit.
Obsidius Corvus a human rogue and smart arse.
Drambuie a vegetarian dwarven fighter.
Necronos a caustic tiefling wizard.

They died - a lot - but occasionally get resurrected for run outs in various video game rpgs

Edit: For places I had an old isolated country house for a scenario that had been turned into an asylum for insane magic users called Mournside Manor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Thimbleby
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a DM, but probably my most memorable NPC was Hiccup the Goblin Alchemist (A pathfinder Goblin). My group still loves to hate him - he betrayed them beautifully.

Most memorable places... hmm... Sandpoint is probably an unimaginative place to name - same with Magnimar, but we've spent so much time in both that they are the first places to come to mind. (They are some of Golarion's most used/developed locations - kinda like naming Waterdeep or Neverwinter from the Swordcoast)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.