Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone, and welcome to Part 2 of the sneak preview articles for the Prodigals Club. In Part 1, I gave a brief overview of the game and explained there were 3 different modules (or competitions) This week, I’m going into more detail about the first of the competitions - Elections.

London is full of people who love to vote. And since you are a politician, a lot of these people vote for you. You've spent years trying to build up your support, but it's time for that all to change!

You start the game with a number of votes and are trying to lose them as quickly as possible by saying and doing things that politicians shouldn’t really do - and making sure people hear about it afterwards!

The Election Board

1.The top errand spaces on this board allow you to take all the cards on that space into your hand. These cards may be played later in the round, or kept in your hand until later rounds. The two spaces on the right also allow you to take the political circle tile on the space.

2.This space means you simply lose 1 vote - but each player can go here once.

3.This space also loses you 1 vote, but you also take one of the two political circle tiles.

4.The Hyde Park space will give you a bonus during the Hyde Park phase later in the round.

Political Circles

You start the game with one of these tiles, you will acquire more of them during the game. You attach them together, matching the sides. When you match two sides with the same symbol, this represents that you have integrated yourself into that political circle, and you gain that symbol permanently for the rest of the game (more on the symbols soon).

Playing Cards

After all errands have been played in a round, each player gets an Action phase where they get to play cards. As mentioned in Part 1, a player may keep up to 4 cards in his hand at the end of a round, and it is often better to save some cards until later in the game.

White bordered cards are one-off effects, which are discarded at the end of the round. They have a variety of effects. The Political Demonstration card loses you 1 vote and also gives you one megaphone (see Hyde Park below)

The black bordered cards are first played onto your own player board, and from there either have a permanent effect on the game, or have an effect which you can use once per round. The hopeless jockey can be activated once per round to lose you 1 vote for each horse symbol you have. Remember the symbols from the political circle tiles? There are other ways to get symbols from the other competitions, and from the central board.

Hyde Park

After all players have taken their actions, there is a Hyde Park phase, where you and your fellow Prodigals all go along to Hyde Park to give a rousing speech in front of the public. Of course, you are all competing against each other, so the one who shouts the loudest will lose the most votes. And of course, you are trying to lose votes, not gain them, so your speech will contain lots of crazy ideas.

Total the number of megaphones that each player has collected in that round to determine who gives the loudest speech; they lose the most votes. The players who play the least megaphones end up gaining a vote because those people who stop voting for one player, switch their vote to someone else!

That’s all for now. In part 3, I’m going to cover the Society competition where you get to offend a bunch of rich people!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The iconography of the "4" zone is not clear.

I wonder if the 2, 3 and 4-megaphones column titles refer to the number of players (but the game plays up to 5), or to the number of megaphones that the player with most of them has got. The latter sounds more sensible.

Do megaphones have tokens for representing them or are they just counted in an abstract way?
(I'd love megaphone tokens, maybe more than llama tokens...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Faso74it wrote:
The iconography of the "4" zone is not clear.

Explained in the rulebook It's very clear once you fit the boards together as the vertical lines link up with lines on the central board.

No megaphone tokens, you just count how many you have for that turn in front of you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.