Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just watched the first episode of Dr Who season 9 tonight, and enjoyed it. It did however remind me of a little disappointment I had with the last few episodes last season.

I was hoping that Michelle Gomez's character was going to be the Rani. Don't get me wrong, I actually quite enjoy her take on a female Master. She plays the role with the right amount of crazy and nasty. But I was hoping they were going to introduce the Rani into the new series.

Just me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No I felt the same, we have a villainous female time lord, so why make The Master female. In fact I think her performance weakens The Master menace, he worked best when he was not a raving loon.

I have nothing against her, just her portrayal of The Master.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Central Coast
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was convinced at one point that she was going to have been a future-Clara that will have had lost her mind for some reason, and become obsessed with the Doctor.

Mistress was a bit of a letdown, but I enjoy how the actress is playing the role. The Master has to be a bit wacko (it's in his back story, after all), and she does that really well.

Ep. 1 was pretty good, but [Moffat biases aside] I thought the moral dilemma they set up for Ep. 2 was a bit too obvious and forced for my taste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verdigris97 wrote:
I was convinced at one point that she was going to have been a future-Clara that will have had lost her mind for some reason, and become obsessed with the Doctor.

Mistress was a bit of a letdown, but I enjoy how the actress is playing the role. The Master has to be a bit wacko (it's in his back story, after all), and she does that really well.

Ep. 1 was pretty good, but [Moffat biases aside] I thought the moral dilemma they set up for Ep. 2 was a bit too obvious and forced for my taste.
The Masters back story is rather complex, as technically this must be a reincarnation (and not regeneration) of the Master as the original Master had run out of life cycles.

It may go someone to explaining why the "new" Master is a total loon whilst both Delgardo and Ainley were not (and for the record Delgaro is how I judge all Masters).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.