Popular Tags: [View All]
Bekil
Germany
Erding
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,
Even though I backed the project from the beginning, I don´t know much about the world.

I imaged the world a bit like the demon world from Berserk but there is some stuff that doesn´t fit.

Is the world always dark? Or is it just special places in the world.
Is it all stone-faced landscapes?

I know there is tall grass, but is it like normal grass? I get the lonely tree most likely eats someone to survive, but how does grass grow?

You find some survivors around lanterns and build your settlement. But there are more advanced human civilizations, right?

Thanks for the answers, if there are any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shin Yagami
United States
California
flag msg tools
bekil wrote:
Hi there,
Even though I backed the project from the beginning, I don´t know much about the world.

I imaged the world a bit like the demon world from Berserk but there is some stuff that doesn´t fit.

Is the world always dark? Or is it just special places in the world.
Is it all stone-faced landscapes?

I know there is tall grass, but is it like normal grass? I get the lonely tree most likely eats someone to survive, but how does grass grow?

You find some survivors around lanterns and build your settlement. But there are more advanced human civilizations, right?

Thanks for the answers, if there are any.

Okay, i'm hiding the answers in spoilers, but I have answers to generally everything you asked.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The World is not always dark, there is an event that temporarily lights up the world.

No it's not all stone faced landscapes, there are swamps and other areas though stone faces are around.

Tall grass is relatively normal, it grows out thru the cracks of the faces, or out the mouths. No explanation how it grows, but I assume it doesn't need the sun.

There are advanced Civilizations, but more details will not come until the expansions.

I hope that answered your questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
bekil wrote:

There's a collection of what little we knew before the Black Box at Inside the wall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bekil
Germany
Erding
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jep, that helps. Thanks, for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boehm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm slowly writing some Kingdom Death prequel fan fic. Starting from the premise that the KD world was, at one point, a fairly generic medieval-style fantasy world. (evidence: All the trappings are there in the form of knights, classical architecture, swords, magical artifacts, et cetera, but are now badly subverted or twisted). Then I'm thinking, what the heck could have happened to turn a classic fantasy world into what we're seeing now?

So far it's been a fascinating thought experiment. You can find me posting what I'm ready to sow so far in this forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Gallego
Spain
Sarriguren
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can read Berserk (manga) -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserk_(manga) --> I don't know what happens with bgg and urls, it doesn't include the last ")" in the url (edited 7 times)
and/or you can watch the films -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserk:_The_Golden_Age_Arc
Kingdom Death world has a lot of similarities, based on the last film (Descent).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Chapman
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be cool if a hardcover art/lore book was put out at some point. I would definitely toss some cash towards that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.