Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alex dhs
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,
In a 2 players state mode, If I declare diplomacy on both of my boards, my opponent takes two +1 victory tokens, no matter the age we are playing ?

Another question: if I play this game in the State mode you created but without the aggression tokens, do you think It is better to play military resolution as a normal team game as described in Cities (each of my board attacks only one of my opponent's board twice) or should I play it like you wrote it in your rulebook (each of my board attack each of my opponent's board once ?

Hope I'm clear...

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Eaton
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To the first question, the rules state, "If you declare Diplomacy on both of your boards, your opponent will be able to take one military victory for each of their boards as consolation, for a total of two". This is referring to the victory token of the Age, not just a single VP. The idea is that you have become so strong in military that no one even dares fight you.

The second question is rather silly. I would obviously suggest that you play it with the rules I wrote. That's why I wrote them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also much prefer the military rules in States mode, even without the aggression tokens. Having both of your boards attacking both of your opponent's boards makes for a much richer experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex dhs
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
OK, to be sure I understand it well :
In age III for example, my opponent has two boards A and B, both of them are stronger than my C and D boards. If i don't declare diplomacy at all, A will take 5VP + 5VP, B will also take 5VP + 5VP
C will take -1VP and -1VP and D will take -1VP and -1VP
Total for my opponent :20VP, for me : -4VP. OK ?

If my board C declares diplomacy, A : 5VP, B : 5VP, C : nothing, D : -2VP. Ok ?

If I declare diplomacy on both of my boards, A and B will take 5VP + 5VP and my boards will take nothing (no -1VP at all). Am I ok ?

So the difference between playing a diplomacy token on one or two of my boards is just -2VP, am I right ?

For my second question, I knew that Scott would answer that (but I didn't know he would called my question silly...). I just wanted players feelings about the two ways of playing military conflicts without aggression tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scot's answer may be predictable, but your question isn't silly.

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex dhs
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you :-)
Can you please confirm (or not) what I have understood for the military resolution ?
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Alex, I just looked back at the latest rules. I believe you are correct. I know Scot spent a lot of time thinking through the diplomacy and aggression rules. Given the current rules, it probably doesn't make sense to take diplomacy for both parts: I suspect that's what exactly Scot wanted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex dhs
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Ok thank you Randy, you do a good job on this forum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.