Popular Tags: [View All]
Big Lebowski
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The Dude abides!
badge
yeah? well… y’know, that’s just like, uh… your opinion, man…
mbmbmbmbmb
is there any reason - besides the obvious need for the gaming material - why you couldn't play this with more than 4 players?

or in other words: if I had 2 copies of the game and would mark them (painting the bots in other colors etc.), could I combine them into one big game?

has anyone tried this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emerson @NazcaGames
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
woodoo03 wrote:
is there any reason - besides the obvious need for the gaming material - why you couldn't play this with more than 4 players?

or in other words: if I had 2 copies of the game and would mark them (painting the bots in other colors etc.), could I combine them into one big game?

has anyone tried this?

I've tried it

Yes, it works and works well mostly. The 4 player limit was mostly a component/cost constraint to get it at a target price point (as a new publisher, we're still working on getting it right). The one area that might need a bit of tweaking is the tie-resolution. With more players, there are more ties that happen. So I would recommend that the sequence tokens are face up (you'll need to make your own #5 and #6 tokens). When a player is done, they grab one of the tokens and place it in front of them to lock in their actions. Where there are ties, the sequence tokens will make it easy to see who goes first in the ties. I would also recommend a sand timer of 1-3 minutes as well.

Have fun! If you do try it out with more than 4, let me know how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Lebowski
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The Dude abides!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your prompt reply!

Encouraged by your opinion, I will try it at our next gaming meeting with proxied components (which should be doable as Volt is already our Roborally killer ). If it works, I'll grab a second copy.

I'll report our experiences! Thnx again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emerson @NazcaGames
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
woodoo03 wrote:

Encouraged by your opinion, I will try it at our next gaming meeting with proxied components (which should be doable as Volt is already our Roborally killer ). If it works, I'll grab a second copy.

You'll just need another set of player screens and control boards, dice and robot figures. If you have dice lying around and some figures that could pass for robots, I can send you PDF of the player boards and screens. If you print them on card stock, they should stand up fairly well. This way, you won't need to buy a whole 'nother copy.

Eventually there will be an expansion to support 5-6 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Lebowski
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The Dude abides!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which is a BRILLIANT answer from a publisher - I salute you, sir!

Even if I hadn't planned to buy another copy up to now, your attitude would have convinced me to.

Although I appreciate your money-saving advice, I'd prefer a second copy since I think it's good production quality and we really like your robot sculpts.

So no pdf for me, thanks but I'll give a session report! Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emerson @NazcaGames
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, I didn't want you to spend money since it's only a small number of components you'll be using.. especially since we are planning to have the game support 5-6 players officially (with new sculpts!!).. AND it will be available in German through a German Publisher.

If there's anything you need for your session, let me know.

Oh, one more thing, I had tested having two control points in 5-6 player game and that worked fairly well too. Just wanted to throw that out there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sands
Canada
New Westminster
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nazcagames wrote:
woodoo03 wrote:

You'll just need another set of player screens and control boards, dice and robot figures. If you have dice lying around and some figures that could pass for robots, I can send you PDF of the player boards and screens. If you print them on card stock, they should stand up fairly well. This way, you won't need to buy a whole 'nother copy.

This would be awesome Emerson! Could you post it in the files section?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Lebowski
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The Dude abides!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nazcagames wrote:
we are planning to have the game support 5-6 players officially (with new sculpts!!).. AND it will be available in German through a German Publisher.

this is very good news, congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emerson @NazcaGames
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thelegitsandman wrote:
nazcagames wrote:
woodoo03 wrote:

This would be awesome Emerson! Could you post it in the files section?

I have the Player screen interior and the player board graphics posted in the file section. Oddly, each time I try to upload the player screen exterior graphics BGG has been declining it. I'm not sure what's causing the file to be rejected. I tried different files and names... I'll try once more, and if it's still getting rejected, I'll post it on the website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sands
Canada
New Westminster
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nazcagames wrote:
woodoo03 wrote:

I had not heard anything about Volt before last night. After reading about it and seeing this response, it is now high on my radar! Thank you for excellent publisher support!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emerson @NazcaGames
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
nazcagames wrote:
woodoo03 wrote:

I had not heard anything about Volt before last night. After reading about it and seeing this response, it is now high on my radar! Thank you for excellent publisher support!

Always my pleasure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.