Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some time ago I said that I might write an article about how the Buka Invasion deck came to be. Well, I wrote it, and tweaked it a bit here and there for a few months, and I'll call it finished. With the approval of some chap whose initials are RK I've made it available on my website: there's a link from the same page as the FAQ at http://www.mnemosyne.demon.co.uk/bgames/bluemoon/

I did consider offering it to some publication, but it's 3500 words (four A4 pages in 11 point - it's a PDF file) and I didn't think I'd find a taker. (Let me know if I'm wrong, whether it's now too late or not.) It's not directly on the Geek deliberately.

Any comments welcome, here or to me directly.

Oh, and since I'm here, I'll mention I will be uploading a new version of the FAQ soon - once I've written the changes up properly. A few "might as well add while I'm here" and one "bother, that really does need an answer" (which I now have agreed by the team).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd been hoping to see something like this, considering it seems you had more involvement with Buka than you did the remaining decks. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thunder Wong
Hong Kong
HK
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dearlove,
I have read the article. It is a nice one. But I want to ask: (1) is it true that the Buka is the last deck? (2) will we ever see something about the Phar, provided that the answer to (1) is no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the FAQ, Kosmos hasn't made any more plans for the game at this point. My guess is that even if there's something brewing, Christopher isn't able to talk about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing that hints at Phar right now is that Frank Rehfeld (the author of the Buka Invasion novel) wanted to do another one. And that one is supposed to concentrate more on the Phar. If that one should happen it would be logical to accompany it with a play deck I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Harley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a new deck would be Phar out. Way cool man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.